Top QB/WR Duo for the 2019 season

Monoxide

Lots of great ones to choose from, what's your list?

Mahomes/Hill, Ryan/Jones, Carr/Brown, Cousins/Thielen, Brees/Thomas, Luck/Hilton, Brady/Edelman, Rodgers/Adams, Watson/Hopkins, Rivers/Allen, Winston/Evans, Dalton/Green, and several others I'm probably forgetting off the top of my head.

1 hour ago, Monoxide said:

Lots of great ones to choose from, what's your list?

Mahomes/Hill, Ryan/Jones, Carr/Brown, Cousins/Thielen, Brees/Thomas, Luck/Hilton, Brady/Edelman, Rodgers/Adams, Watson/Hopkins, Rivers/Allen, Winston/Evans, Dalton/Green, and several others I'm probably forgetting off the top of my head.

I would go with Brees Thomas. Your list could probably use Mayfield OBJ

• Like 1

Mahomes/Hill if Hill is available. They are pretty much the perfect combination.

Mayfield/OBJ might be dangerous but they haven't played in a game together yet so it would be hard to pick them. Roethlisberger/Shuster may put up some numbers. Lamar Jackson could be up there if the Ravens find a QB that can get him the ball (that was for BTC).

It really depends on what you are looking for though. Stats for a WR specifically or a combination of great players even if the QB spreads the ball around and his WR1 doesn't have the bulk stats to compete with the others.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

Mahomes to Hill is the best, but given past precedent I can't imagine he will be playing this year.

I wouldn't expect much, if any, suspension. 4 games max imo.

With that in mind, my answer is Mahomes/Hill with Brees/Thomas being 1a.

A few things to bring up:

- The Texans had the worst OL in the league; Watson was under pressure on close to 50% of his drop backs, hit 126 times, sacked 62 times last season.

- The Texans WR unit lost Will Fuller after seven games, got only seven games out of Demaryius Thomas, two games out of Keke Coutee. For a few parts of the season, the Texans #2 WR was Vyncient Smith, a UDFA out of Limestone College and the #3 WR was Joe Webb - who was also the #3 QB on the roster.

- TE group was made up of Ryan Griffin and two rookies, a clear team weakness.

So, with a weak OL and a substandard secondary options to keep defenses honest... Watson/Hopkins still ended up 2nd among QB/WRs in receptions (behind Michael Thomas) yards (behind Julio Jones) and 4th among QB/WRs in TDs (Antonio Brown, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill).

They're the only duo that's top five in EACH of these categories - Brees/Thomas and Ryan/Julio don't get the TDs, Mahomes/Hill lacks the receptions, Rodgers/Adams and Roethlensber/Brown lack the receptions/yards. Not saying those are the end all/be all measures, but it says something.

How anyone can pick against these two is mind blowing. They've produced at the highest statistical level possible of these pairings, all while having nearly no other assets or protection to rely on in that time. Just THINK of what can be done if Max Scharping turns into a good OT, or if Will Fuller plays a full 16 and takes bracket coverage away from Hopkins...

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

A few things to bring up:

- The Texans had the worst OL in the league; Watson was under pressure on close to 50% of his drop backs, hit 126 times, sacked 62 times last season.

- The Texans WR unit lost Will Fuller after seven games, got only seven games out of Demaryius Thomas, two games out of Keke Coutee. For a few parts of the season, the Texans #2 WR was Vyncient Smith, a UDFA out of Limestone College and the #3 WR was Joe Webb - who was also the #3 QB on the roster.

- TE group was made up of Ryan Griffin and two rookies, a clear team weakness.

So, with a weak OL and a substandard secondary options to keep defenses honest... Watson/Hopkins still ended up 2nd among QB/WRs in receptions (behind Michael Thomas) yards (behind Julio Jones) and 4th among QB/WRs in TDs (Antonio Brown, Davante Adams, Tyreek Hill).

They're the only duo that's top five in EACH of these categories - Brees/Thomas and Ryan/Julio don't get the TDs, Mahomes/Hill lacks the receptions, Rodgers/Adams and Roethlensber/Brown lack the receptions/yards. Not saying those are the end all/be all measures, but it says something.

How anyone can pick against these two is mind blowing. They've produced at the highest statistical level possible of these pairings, all while having nearly no other assets or protection to rely on in that time. Just THINK of what can be done if Max Scharping turns into a good OT, or if Will Fuller plays a full 16 and takes bracket coverage away from Hopkins...

giphy.gif