STAR TREK: The Next Generation Mafia (Romulan Star Empire wins!)

On 6/30/2019 at 6:47 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

(You may use one item at night in addition to one of your role’s night actions.)

• Nanobots (faction): Only one member of the faction can use a factional item each night, but factional items are not expended on use. Can attempt to convert a player into a Borg Drone. Conversion will only work on crewmen characters (Federation-aligned players who are not a member of the command staff), scum/third party characters, or Jean-Luc Picard. Only one scum character per faction can be recruited. If Jean-Luc Picard is recruited, he will be transformed into Locutus of Borg. If the conversion fails due to attempting it against an ineligible target, the user of this item's alignment is revealed to the target. 

So the conversion options are 

1 player from a scum faction (House Duras and Klingon)

Picard

"generic" crew members (Federation aligned players not members of the command staff)....so Wesley Crusher and Reginald Barclay would have been conversion eligible

9 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Do it right now..explain to me what you want

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Even if Swag is head Borg, if there is an alive Borg out there, they can still convert based on the knowledge we have.

4 minutes ago, The Orca said:

I get that in theory...but I already explained...if that remains the case upon Swags death...the other factions will have to start gunning for Borg and stop killing Federation

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Agree 100%

1 minute ago, SwAg said:

That’s literally not what he said.

57 minutes ago, The Orca said:

Stop the converting

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

So you know for a fact conversions continue...Borg slip here lol

I dont know if the conversions continue or not. I have postulated my stance as if they do and if they do not (which is my guess). Usually conversions dont get passed along after the original converter's death (my experience)

On 6/30/2019 at 6:47 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

@Counselor was:

Lurin

DaiMon, Ferengi

DaiMon <b>Lurin</b>

You are Lurin, a Ferengi DaiMon who was fleeing the Borg Sphere at the time of its destruction. With your vessel severely damaged, you stowed aboard the Enterprise via an escape hatch, just before the mystery attackers decloaked. You have no idea what's going on, but you feel the potential for profit in your lobes...

You are aligned with the Ferengi Alliance: Survive until the game's end. Can joint-win with any other faction. By stealing three PADDs, you gain enough info to repair your ship and make a profit selling Federation information, and may leave early (securing a win). Doing so does not end the game, but it does remove your character.

ROLE POWERS:

• Once per night, can steal a random item that player is holding (if a player is using an item that night, it will always be that item instead of it being random). This effect occurs before most other night actions, and thus, negates the target's attempted use of the item that night. Factional items are converted to their generic version, and the target receives another at the end of the next night, and that factional item cannot be stolen again from that player. 

STARTING ITEMS:

You may use one item at night in addition to one of your role’s night actions.)

• Energy Vest: Protects a player from a single attack. Does not protect the wearer from bat'leth attacks or being lynched. When used, if you have another Energy Vest in your inventory, one is randomly put on.

But @Counselor became:

Borg Drone

Drone, Ferengi

KXu4fQ6MJHQQW7PZgyaaIVz-5aPfHJRnUFjAqqni00nKi6MnWszP7EQcjOaKhQanFgl4dOP-qca89r5zXPlid-m2ZEb_9VlSaUdR9PDVtSZ1pryIIfDBzlY3f8LVy9_Gp_aCJLf_

You are now a Borg Drone. As a newly assimilated member of the collective, your individuality has melted away as the voices of a chorus of Borg flood your mind.

You are aligned with the Borg Collective: The Borg must outnumber all other living players.

ROLE POWERS:

• Once per day phase, a Borg Drone must quote a post from another member of the Borg on that same day (unless you are the only Borg player remaining). Failure to do this will result in modkill.

STARTING ITEMS:

You may use one item at night in addition to one of your role’s night actions.)

• Nanobots (faction): Only one member of the faction can use a factional item each night, but factional items are not expended on use. Can attempt to convert a player into a Borg Drone. Conversion will only work on crewmen characters (Federation-aligned players who are not a member of the command staff), scum/third party characters, or Jean-Luc Picard. Only one scum character per faction can be recruited. If Jean-Luc Picard is recruited, he will be transformed into Locutus of Borg. If the conversion fails due to attempting it against an ineligible target, the user of this item's alignment is revealed to the target. 

@The Orca  Please read the above piece of information really carefully.   I have highlighted some info for you to assist

6 minutes ago, The Orca said:

So you know for a fact conversions continue...Borg slip here lol

I dont know if the conversions continue or not. I have postulated my stance as if they do and if they do not (which is my guess). Usually conversions dont get passed along after the original converter's death (my experience)

16 minutes ago, SwAg said:

And I don’t know how you can agree with that.  

Scum know that at most 1 of them is compromised based on the autopsy.

One of two for one faction (presumably). One of one for the other faction (presumably). 

Assuming they play to their wincon and don't play for the conversion.

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

@The Orca  Please read the above piece of information really carefully.   I have highlighted some info for you to assist

Explain what this means to you?

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

I think what he is saying is normally when the cult leader dies the cult dies.  That could be a part of the leaders role.

Also what he highlighted means they have unlimited use of the item whereas I asssume the tricorder, phasers, disruptors, etc have a limited use...doesn't show whether or not what happens if the leader dies 

Just say: I'm either scum or Town willing to come up with any reason to lynch SwAg -- and spare us all the frustration of your lack of understanding.

Edited by SwAg
Repeated myself.