NBA Summer League 2019

11sanchez11

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

NAW has looked incredible, holy cow.

Big Taco is so bad it’s not even funny. I don’t remember what Celtics fan was hyping him but that dude is going to be in Maine for 2 years and then cut. He’s terrible.

I've been impressed with all of our draft picks. 

4 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

I didn't understand why people weren't higher on him. He could pretty much do everything well except be a 1v1 scorer.

I haven’t seen much of him at all prior to this game and holy cow. Defense is good, vision has looked really good, shot looks good. It’s summer league but man oh man this guy looks legit. Hayes is very athletic but he’s basically dunked on a bunch of shmucks lol

8 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

As a new bandwagon Pelicans fan, I must say that the new draft picks look crazy good. Combined for 38 of the 57 first half points. Can only imagine if Zion was out there with them.

Yeah, this looks like it has the makings of a crazy good draft. Pretty sure Hayes just almost hit his face on the rim on a block attempt lmao

2 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Lonnie Walker looks like this year's "too good for summer league" player.

He is a smooth scoring guard, great to see him healthy for sure.  Love how he attacks the basket and can finish at the rim, is very smooth out there and can obviously shoot.  Good athlete and as a combo scoring guard could do great.  Spurs are going to be solid with adding Carroll and Marcus Morris.  I bet Morris plays with Aldridge a lot probably could start, and they also still have Gay and DeRozan and Keldon Johnson should be a fine rookie as well.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Okay in only 11 minutes of playing time, Taco Fall goes five-for-five from the field two for two from the free throw line with two offensive rebounds one assist and I don't know how many intimidations.. 

I don't care if it's only the second game end of summer league. I was saying that this boy will be in the NBA longer than so many of these second round draft picks. And I will keep reminding you fools that hated on my boy Tacko. We will make you a believer and force some Crow down your necks

If it was 15 years ago no question he would be in the league and for as long as he could be healthy.  But in the NBA today it will be hard, unless you can shoot three point shots, even as a center there is little place in the league for anyone who cannot shoot 3's.  Fall would have to defend in space and would be drawn out of the paint, kid is a force and if he could stay healthy would be very effective but again hard to in the NBA of today.  

Most of the centers who can block shots are super athletic and can run, not sure Tacko would fall into that category at all.  Back in the day of Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing and Robinson without question Tacko Fall would be on a roster and for once more as long as he could stay healthy.  Now there is just not that need and heck teams play 6-8 centers all the time, or stretch little 4s at center and there is little to no issue.  

Al+Horford+Gordon+Hayward+Boston+Celtics

Heck Al Horford is considered a good center in the league and above average defender and tough guy, and he is what maybe 6-8, is listed at 6-10 but no way, look at him next to the 6-7 or 6-8 forwards and guards of the Celtics.  Horford can play center in the league, back in the day of Hakeem, Shaq, Ewing and Robinson no way that would happen.  It is simply a different game in how it is played with the rules and focus on offense and scoring.  

37 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I haven’t seen much of him at all prior to this game and holy cow. Defense is good, vision has looked really good, shot looks good. It’s summer league but man oh man this guy looks legit. Hayes is very athletic but he’s basically dunked on a bunch of shmucks lol

It's weird because people love (probably too much) his cousin SGA and he plays so much like him but people had him closer to 20 than in the top 10 in a pretty weak class. And he is a lot better shooter than SGA. 

He's like a mix of Joe Ingles and Caris Levert. He has that herky jerky nature of Levert's game. And can be a 3&D guy like Ingles than can also run a high level PnR (while being pretty unathletic and not that explosive).

I'm pretty sure I had him over Reddish and Hunter in my finals rankings (yup, had him at #9 over White, Cam, and Hunter). 

33 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Big Taco is so bad it’s not even funny. I don’t remember what Celtics fan was hyping him but that dude is going to be in Maine for 2 years and then cut. He’s terrible.

Really I'll see you in two years>:(

Anfernee Simons, wow that kid is balling out.  Awesome jumper, seems like he should nicely take the place of Seth Curry leaving to the Mavs.  Simons looks like a fine three point shooter.  

22 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

What's bad about him? He's exceeded expectations in summer league. I'm hoping he sticks with the red claws, he looks more mobile with the extra spacing. We ain't seeing the same things, there's upside in a very specific role imo... if Boban can stick around the league this long, I can see Tacko getting some NBA interest somewhere for a few seasons

4 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

What's bad about him? He's exceeded expectations in summer league. I'm hoping he sticks with the red claws, he looks more mobile with the extra spacing. We ain't seeing the same things, there's upside in a very specific role imo

He'll be an absolute door mat defensively. Legit will get ABUSED, teams will just run PnR on him and get easy buckets. He's got very little offensive game outside of being significantly taller than all the scrub big men in summer league. Legit NBA big men will eat him alive.

I'll be very, very, very surprised if he's ever a usable NBA player.

Archived