NBA Summer League 2019

11sanchez11

54 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Well Tatum being the best player from that draft isn't true.

It's not like Ainge drafted someone projected to go 10th at #3 and it worked out, similar to Jaylen Brown. Tatum was an easy top 5 prospect in that draft.

Eh. I'm not going to argue this because I'm not going to start that debate with you know who, but I disagree.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

2018: Robert Williams (27) - Might be a role player but didn't show much as a rookie. 

2017: Jayson Tatum (3) - Good pick

2016: Jaylen Brown  (3) - Solid pick

Guerschon Yabusele (16) - Bust, no longer with the team

Ante Zizic (23) - Bust / meh role player but was traded

2015: Terry Rozier (16) - Okay pick, decent backup PG

RJ Hunter (28) - Big time bust, no longer in the league

2014: Marcus Smart (6) - Solid pick, good role player

James Young (17) - Big time bust, no longer in the league

2013: Lucas Nogueira (16) - Big time bust, no longer in the league

2012: Jared Sullinger (21) - Big time bust, no longer in the league

Fab Melo (22) - Big time bust

How is Jared Sullinger a big time bust? He gave the Celtics 4 good years of production as the 21st overall pick. That pick was very good, I'm not sure what else you expect out of picks after pick 20.

He drafted Etwaun Moore with pick 55, who's had a long productive career. He drafted Avery Bradley at 19 who gave the Celtics some fantastic years and is still a good role player. He drafted Gerald Green at 18 who never hit his ceiling but has been a good role player his entire career.  He drafted Ryan Gomes at pick 50 who was a good role player for quite a few years in Boston and Minnesota. He had that fantastic draft with Al Jefferson at 15, Delonte West at 24 and Tony Allen at 25. He traded for Kendrick Perkins at the draft who was selected with pick 23. Glen Davis was also selected for Boston at pick 35. He's constantly nailed role players with late picks.

Again, knocking Danny Ainge for his drafting ability is stupid. He's drafted incredibly well for a guy who's had 3 top 10 picks in his tenure.

Yeah I think bashing Danny Ainge is fun, but his drafting resume is solid. I wouldn't say he's great, but it's not a bad resume. Calling NBA draft picks past pick like 5 busts is kind of absurd. The "bust" rate in the NBA is crazy due to there being 5 guys on the floor for a team and the ages the guys come in at. 

36 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Eh. I'm not going to argue this because I'm not going to start that debate with you know who, but I disagree.

I'm not even sure he's a top 3 player from that draft so far.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

2018: Robert Williams (27) - Might be a role player but didn't show much as a rookie. 

2017: Jayson Tatum (3) - Good pick

2016: Jaylen Brown  (3) - Solid pick

Guerschon Yabusele (16) - Bust, no longer with the team

Ante Zizic (23) - Bust / meh role player but was traded

2015: Terry Rozier (16) - Okay pick, decent backup PG

RJ Hunter (28) - Big time bust, no longer in the league

2014: Marcus Smart (6) - Solid pick, good role player

James Young (17) - Big time bust, no longer in the league

2013: Lucas Nogueira (16) - Big time bust, no longer in the league

2012: Jared Sullinger (21) - Big time bust, no longer in the league

Fab Melo (22) - Big time bust

Sullinger wasn't a big time bust lol wtf Lucas Nogueira was never a celtic lmao 

Why are you stopping at 2012? Guess we won't talk about Al Jefferson, Delonte West, Tony Allen, Rajon Rondo, Kendrick Perkins, Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Avery Bradley, ETuan Moore, Semi Ojeleye, Kelly Olynyk, or Abdel Nader

you're funny

You telling me a dude who has been drafting since 2003 has missed some picks? 

Anyone who watches Taco playing right now watch when a pick-and-roll and he rolls to the basket when a player penetrates on offense they do not leave Taco out of fear of him catching the lob he draws a defender or two with him. It won't show up in the stat sheet but he is already being a factor. Use your eyes children

Archived