How many wins for the 2019 Packers ?

Shanedorf

How many games will the 2019 Packers Win (reg season) ?   

66 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 1 option below based on your Superior Football Knowledges. How many wins for GB ?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/19/2019 at 11:19 PM

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

Draft is over, FA is 99 % over
Training Camp Starts on 7/25, pole ends on 7/24

Vegas futures here on SB odds, NFC Champ odds, NFC North odds

http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/futures/

Vegas win totals via oddsshark have the Packers O/U at 9.5 wins for the 2019 Regular season

I said 12 or 13

Adams - Beast

Allison - excellent in slot

MVS speed merchant, smart, gonna be in sync with AR this year

Graham - Healthy. Beast.

Jones - best shape of his life. Ready for a big, healthy year

Clark, Daniels, Lowry, M Adams, Lancaster all showing signs of being in peak physical condition. I expect a huge year from the DL.

Smith, Smith, Fackrell and Gary. Four deep on the outside. Should be able to rotate guys and bring fresh pass rush all game long. 

Alexander/Amos/Savage/King/Tramon - This is the group that if healthy has a chance to be special. But also, with an injury prone player or two going down, also has a chance to be a weak spot for us. I voted as if things go well though! Why not, it’s July. I can! 

Martinez - solid dude. Glue guy. Hopefully another rises to the surface. 

Crosby/Scott/Davis - I like our ST trio. 

If a few things bounce our way, I can easily see 12 wins. So i voted that way. 

Unfortunately, I think we have a QB who’s more focused on his Hollywood persona than football. He’s also a stubborn tool on the field who calls his own plays against the coaches desires. So if AR brings more of his Hollywood know it all arrogance and we have a few injuries in the back 7, I could see us with 6 wins too.

I think this team is going to be special, but then again, I do every July. I went 12-13. I think we are going to absolutely spank the Bears week 1. I think their defense will not be settled into Pagano's defense. Losing their DC was the biggest loss this offseason. Yes, I know we're learning a new offense too. The difference is Rodgers can ad-lib and make things happen. 

One point on the secondary. I think Josh Jackson and Tony Brown have a chance to pass Tramon on the depth chart. Both of those guys make a leap and the secondary has the best depth I can remember. 

Our defense could be crazy good. In fact, it should be crazy good. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, boratt said:

I said 12 or 13

Adams - Beast

Allison - excellent in slot

MVS speed merchant, smart, gonna be in sync with AR this year

Graham - Healthy. Beast.

Jones - best shape of his life. Ready for a big, healthy year

Clark, Daniels, Lowry, M Adams, Lancaster all showing signs of being in peak physical condition. I expect a huge year from the DL.

Smith, Smith, Fackrell and Gary. Four deep on the outside. Should be able to rotate guys and bring fresh pass rush all game long. 

Alexander/Amos/Savage/King/Tramon - This is the group that if healthy has a chance to be special. But also, with an injury prone player or two going down, also has a chance to be a weak spot for us. I voted as if things go well though! Why not, it’s July. I can! 

Martinez - solid dude. Glue guy. Hopefully another rises to the surface. 

Crosby/Scott/Davis - I like our ST trio. 

If a few things bounce our way, I can easily see 12 wins. So i voted that way. 

Unfortunately, I think we have a QB who’s more focused on his Hollywood persona than football. He’s also a stubborn tool on the field who calls his own plays against the coaches desires. So if AR brings more of his Hollywood know it all arrogance and we have a few injuries in the back 7, I could see us with 6 wins too.

You had me all the way until the very end.  Agree Rodgers can be stubborn but your dislike of him as our QB is over the top.  Relax ... it will be ok.  

Wow. I guess I’m in the minority. I don’t usually fall in the pessimist category, but maybe  I’m just setting my expectations low this year to match typical expectations of a first time+first year head coach reality. I think there is promise abound, but will unfold as lots of high level play with a bunch of inconsistency and learning mixed in. I’m thinking 7-9 to 9-7 range would be a success and maybe slightly high in reality.

Edited by ccecilnosebleed
  • Like 1

I said 10-11. I was tempted to go 8-9. I like the potential of this squad. With that said there are a lot of projections on the team (talented projections, but still projections).

What concerns me;

-skill positions on O- I’m not as high on any of our guys not named Adams. Youth and Allison (JAG). Could one bust out... yes, but I need to see it. TE probably will be lackluster (90 year old Grahm and a rookie third round pick at a position that takes a year to develop on). I could see points being hard to come by (relative to some of the squads we’ve had) early in the year with us not clicking until later (throw in a new coach too).

-Just the amount of newness on D. I need to see it bake a bit. We’ve added a lot of talent (significant upgrades at rusher, exp and talent at DB). I could see us having anywhere from a top 7-10 to 25th rated D depending on use and development.

Basically I think 9.5 is a good number. We’ll improve this year. I think we might be a year away from a real SB run (similar to an 09 packers) with struggles early and hopefully with us getting it together and developing

I think 10+wins has been a pretty safe bet in the Rodgers era. Even the last 4 years they've been on a 10+ win pace for 3 of the years while Rodgers is under center. 

The last 2 drafts have given them more draft capital than they've had available in a long time, and 2016 draft has proven to punch above its weight. That should put them on good footing talent-wise for 2019 and 2020. The cap space cycle allowed them to be big spenders this year. That could give the team a boost like the one they got for 2014 when they signed Peppers.

Defense should take another step under Pettine, but I still think they're a year away from being great. I think it's safe to peg them as above-average this year. Offense will probably be above-average at worst. The team floor (with a healthy Rodgers) is probably around the level of the 2012 Packers, and even they won 11 games (helped by facing many young QB's, but hurt by the fail-Mary).

I'm not in the 12+w camp due to a few things. It takes some luck for any team to be that high, and generally it's a peak from which regression occurs. New offense could have growing pains and could have some cascading matchup issues if Adams goes down.  Defensively, the secondary is still very young. Only one of the 5 spots has a proven player in Amos. Make that 2 if Alexander can stay healthier. King and Jackson have shown some promise and are at the point in yr 2 & 3 where it might start appearing more often, but they are still unproven when it comes to showing it on the field (and I think our fanbase would admit as much if they were wearing other jerseys). Savage is a rookie, and even if people project him to become good eventually, it's rare for that to happen in yr1. ILB has questions. EDG should be much improved and has some good depth now, but it's still lacking blue-chip, top-end talent that some other teams. have. 

It's a bit difficult to forecast since we have a really easy schedule first half of the season (when the team will look the rustiest) and a difficult one on the second half almlst no Lambeau games.
I think we will get 9-11 games (and I'm not sure 10 games get you in the playoffs this year).

I think the Pack can get 10-11 wins this year as long as they keep Rodgers upright. The oline is better, the defense has fewer holes and the only issue will be how long will it take for the new offense to reach the point of explosive verses promising.