buno67

Duke fires his agent

As I posted in the previous Duke Johnson thread - I wonder if this is akin to the pitching coach getting fired before the manager does? Or are Duke's actions setting a new course that forces his way out of town?

I think we are past the point of no return. A divorce is imminent.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brooks1957 said:

As I posted in the previous Duke Johnson thread - I wonder if this is akin to the pitching coach getting fired before the manager does? Or are Duke's actions setting a new course that forces his way out of town?

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Edited by NudeTayne

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Nude - I will disagree here and stick to my guns. Let's just look at what has actually happened to date.

As far as I am concerned, this is 100% on Duke. I have no issue at all with him wanting to be elsewhere. But he handled this extremely poorly by going public with it.

That brought on Baker's response. I said it then and I will say it again now. Baker takes his leadership of this team personally. He felt Duke's public demands, and then doubling down on them at OTAs was counterproductive to what he is trying to build here. So, Baker responds.

Some teammates have no problem with it, some do. What we are left with is a fractured locker room. Exactly what we CANNOT have after 20 years of futility and our first ray of genuine hope in that time span.

We sure as hell are not trading Baker and keeping Duke. I will be COMPLETELY stunned if Duke is a Cleveland Brown on Sept.8th.

Edited by brooks1957

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Or build false expectations.;)

5 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

I feel like Dorsey prolly told them that since he is under contract that he wont do the leg work for the trade. That if you want to be traded, your Agent better figure  things out. His agent has no real connections in the league. Believe Duke is the biggest name they have or had. Duke will prolly sign with someone who has better connections 

Wasn't his agent married to the douchebag 2 Live Crew guy who was running his moutth to Baker?  Perhaps Duke is moving on to make nice with Baker?

2 minutes ago, Tomahawk said:

Wasn't his agent married to the douchebag 2 Live Crew guy who was running his moutth to Baker?  Perhaps Duke is moving on to make nice with Baker?

He is the one - and the proper description Tomahawk.

18 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Duke has hired Drew Rosenhaus

imminent

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

imminent

I dont even know what hat word means anymore, literally. 

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I dont even know what hat word means anymore, literally. 

Just the thing that he yells every time he 'fires his agent'.

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

imminent

Your imminence...bows down emoji