Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
buno67

Duke fires his agent

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Duke has hired Drew Rosenhaus

he needed an agent with connections to help get him traded and he just got it. Rosenhaus was a part of the Ogbah trade and helping Perriman get out of his deal with the Browns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

he needed an agent with connections to help get him traded and he just got it. Rosenhaus was a part of the Ogbah trade and helping Perriman get out of his deal with the Browns

I mean, maybe.

I still think Rosenhaus is gonna have the same issues the last agent did.  Duke is overpaid for what he is tbh and he plays a position that is generally viewed as replaceable.

Finding someone who is interested in Duke as a player isn’t likely that difficult.  Finding someone who’s willing to give up something noteworthy to make the deal happen is another.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, maybe.

I still think Rosenhaus is gonna have the same issues the last agent did.  Duke is overpaid for what he is tbh and he plays a position that is generally viewed as replaceable.

Finding someone who is interested in Duke as a player isn’t likely that difficult.  Finding someone who’s willing to give up something noteworthy to make the deal happen is another.

Yeah this is pretty much it. 

What a jackass. All them mommas thinking they raised smart boys should think again. There were a multitude of ways to handle this and he chose wrong err time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I dont even know what hat word means anymore, literally. 

It means chapeau. It's not that hard. Just look it up. 

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Your imminence...bows down emoji

The Tayne remembers all posts. You are wise to kneel...gladiator emoji

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I think I saw that Drew Rosenhaus was a key player in moving Emmanuel Ogbah. If true, there is no other way to read this than Duke will be on a new team soon......

With a new contract - I am sure.

** Duh, sorry guys - was in this thread **

Edited by brooks1957
being a dolt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Your eminence...bows down emoji

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently Duke wasn't happy with his former agent's husband for firing shots at Baker Mayfield via social media. Duke's decision to part ways was a very respectable one. He clearly doesn't want this to become a massive issue that will implode the team. He just wants to be happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Duke reminds me of Willis McGahee, about once a game he gets himself pulverized, makes me cringe any time he has the ball

On topic though, like Baker said, if you're not with us get out of the way. Duke will get traded for a 4th or 5th to the Bucs and by week 4 he'll be on IR with a broken neck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have nothing against the guy, he's an above average 3rd down back but he's going to regret his business decision if he's going to be a 20+ touch a game player. He couldn't avoid getting creamed on limited touches, no clue how he survives in a bigger role

The other part is Dorsey isn't going to settle. You know he was being shopped as soon as the new league year started and Dorsey didn't get an offer he liked. Some team is going to suffer an injury at RB and Dorsey will bend them over. Unfortunately for Duke, he's under team control and he's not near elite so really nothing he can do but pout

Edited by TeHDruiD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 1:06 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

Apparently Duke wasn't happy with his former agent's husband for firing shots at Baker Mayfield via social media. Duke's decision to part ways was a very respectable one. He clearly doesn't want this to become a massive issue that will implode the team. He just wants to be happy.

That was duke showing Baker, he will bne professional about this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2019 at 2:28 PM, TeHDruiD said:

he's an above average 3rd down back

Is he even though?

I'd take all of these guys for that role before him..

 

Matt Breida

Jerrick McKinnon

James White

Tarik Cohen

Kenyan Drake

Nyheim Hines

Austin Ekeler

Justin Jackson

Jalen Richard

Theo Riddick

Dion Lewis

Chris Thompson

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Is he even though?

I'd take all of these guys for that role before him..

 

Matt Breida

Jerrick McKinnon

James White

Tarik Cohen

Kenyan Drake

Nyheim Hines

Austin Ekeler

Justin Jackson

Jalen Richard

Theo Riddick

Dion Lewis

Chris Thompson

 

 

Splitting hairs at this point.

Duke is a good player, he’s been woefully underused his whole career.

Not irreplaceable or anything, but he can play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Splitting hairs at this point.

Duke is a good player, he’s been woefully underused his whole career.

Not irreplaceable or anything, but he can play.

I think he is a good complimentary piece and while I'm sure he could have been used better I don't really think he was underused as far as touches. 130-150 touches per year are probably about right which is where he was his first 3 years. Last year Chubb took some carries while Hyde was starting and Landry took some short catches that Duke usually took. Hunt ruins his value completely when he comes back which is why Duke would prefer to be elsewhere, understandably. He just offers value until week 10 so it may not make sense to move him unless we are sure Hilliard can take his role.

Edited by Thomas5737

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×