NBA News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, showtime said:

It was always clear Anthony Davis didn't want to go to Boston.  Davis left New Orleans to play with another superstar, not to join a team full of role players... he just left that with the Pelicans.

I mean, the idea would’ve been to entice Kyrie to stay obviously which probably would’ve happened if AD told Kyrie he would extend there. 

I think it was more Rich Paul convincing him to go to LA more than anything. AD always said he wanted to stay in New Orleans until Rich Paul came along, but I’ve been down that road 100 times already. 🐍

12 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean, the idea would’ve been to entice Kyrie to stay obviously which probably would’ve happened if AD told Kyrie he would extend there. 

I think it was more Rich Paul convincing him to go to LA more than anything. AD always said he wanted to stay in New Orleans until Rich Paul came along, but I’ve been down that road 100 times already. 🐍

The player makes the decision.

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

The player makes the decision.

Players can be misguided. It happens all the time. I don't like Rich Paul. I think he's slimey, and I think first and foremost he puts Lebrons needs above some of his clients. Aka Anthony Davis.

He had no issue making AD look like a total arse if it meant he could force him to LA to be Lebrons side kick. It was tough to watch. The "Thats All Folks" shirt was 100% a Rich Paul move, as AD basically said, and it made him look like an idiot.

1 minute ago, MookieMonstah said:

Players can be misguided. It happens all the time. I don't like Rich Paul. I think he's slimey, and I think first and foremost he puts Lebrons needs above some of his clients. Aka Anthony Davis. He had no issue making AD look like a total arse if it meant he could force him to LA to be Lebrons side kick. It was tough to watch. The "Thats All Folks" shirt was 100% a Rich Paul move, as AD basically said, and it made him look like an idiot.

Again, the player makes the final decision.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

Again, the player makes the final decision.

I've made my position pretty clear. I don't think what Rich Paul did was in AD's best interest. Obviously he got him to LA, which is great, but I've never seen a player be dragged through the mud by their agent so much. This all would've been so much easier if Rich Paul wasn't a snake. Tell Benson (because Demps was obviously getting canned) that you want to be traded, and you really want to end up in LA. Let the Pelicans negotiate deals, if Boston has the best offer you just tell Danny that you won't be staying in Boston and will just bolt to LA after the season (privately) and you don't have AD turning into this giant villain in New Orleans.

Rich Paul made him a villain in New Orleans, and thats a shame tbh.

4 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

I've made my position pretty clear. I don't think what Rich Paul did was in AD's best interest. Obviously he got him to LA, which is great, but I've never seen a player be dragged through the mud by their agent so much. This all would've been so much easier if Rich Paul wasn't a snake. Tell Benson (because Demps was obviously getting canned) that you want to be traded, and you really want to end up in LA. Let the Pelicans negotiate deals, if Boston has the best offer you just tell Danny that you won't be staying in Boston and will just bolt to LA after the season (privately) and you don't have AD turning into this giant villain in New Orleans.

Rich Paul made him a villain in New Orleans, and thats a shame tbh.

I understood your position perfectly. It's filled with personal invective towards Paul and a whole bunch of supposition and conjecture.

Fine. You're entitled to your opinion and I've little interest to change your mind. All I've said is that after ALL your "this and thats" about what Paul supposedly did - its the player that pulls the trigger. The player has the power.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

I understood your position perfectly. It's filled with personal invective towards Paul and a whole bunch of supposition and conjecture.

Fine. You're entitled to your opinion and I've little interest to change your mind. All I've said is that after ALL your "this and thats" about what Paul supposedly did - its the player that pulls the trigger. The player has the power.

Not really, not even a little. AD basically said Rich Paul picked his final game outfit, which was basically a huge slap in the face to New Orleans for whatever reason. Rich Paul admitted to leaking the trade reports because he was mad Dell Demps wouldn't just trade him to the Lakers, which make absolutely no sense because New Orleans would obviously wait for Boston to at least be involved as well as other teams in the off-season.

Rich Paul is a snake. I'm sure AD wanted to be in LA, that was pretty clear. I just think Rich Paul was a big reason he was so dead set on LA. Rich Paul literally blew this whole thing up because he got mad that Dell Demps didn't call him, which he openly admitted. Guys a clown and a snake.

Edited by MookieMonstah

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I'll give you that.  Had Kyrie Irving stayed in Boston, I think the Celtics would be much more attractive for Davis.  And yea, Rich Paul was huge for the Lakers.  I thought Davis pretty much made his mind up about playing with LeBron when he hired Rich Paul.  I think that was the major reason he even hired Paul to begin with, IMO.

46 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Not really, not even a little. AD basically said Rich Paul picked his final game outfit, which was basically a huge slap in the face to New Orleans for whatever reason. Rich Paul admitted to leaking the trade reports because he was mad Dell Demps wouldn't just trade him to the Lakers, which make absolutely no sense because New Orleans would obviously wait for Boston to at least be involved as well as other teams in the off-season.

Rich Paul is a snake. I'm sure AD wanted to be in LA, that was pretty clear. I just think Rich Paul was a big reason he was so dead set on LA. Rich Paul literally blew this whole thing up because he got mad that Dell Demps didn't call him, which he openly admitted. Guys a clown and a snake.

Lol what? There you go making BS up again. Rich Paul admitted to leaking trade reports because Demps wouldn't trade him to the Lakers? Huh? No, he said he went public with the trade once he told Demps to relay the trade request to Benson and instead Demps ended up calling AD instead. Speaking of slap in the face, that's what you call a slap in the face when Demps is calling Paul's client instead of the owner, as he was requested to do so. 

And AD also had NYK on his list… They just couldn't make a realistic offer once they lost out on the Zion sweepstakes. 

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Lol what? There you go making BS up again. Rich Paul admitted to leaking trade reports because Demps wouldn't trade him to the Lakers? Huh? No, he said he went public with the trade once he told Demps to relay the trade request to Benson and instead Demps ended up calling AD instead. Speaking of slap in the face, that's what you call a slap in the face when Demps is calling Paul's client instead of the owner, as he was requested to do so. 

And AD also had NYK on his list… They just couldn't make a realistic offer once they lost out on the Zion sweepstakes. 

I don’t understand in what world Demps can’t talk to his player about a trade request. Paul has no reason to be mad about that, none. Paul outting everything because he’s upset about that is exactly why he’s a clown and a snake.

Funny watching y’all defend him after he dragged AD through the mud. What a great agent.