Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

1 minute ago, Shanedorf said:

Savage just barely visible, but there's your starting DBs (till somebody beats out  38 ) 

g2evrjqwpu84orx4li9c.jpg

I highly doubt anyone is gonna beat out 38 at nickel. It’s an inside position where zones and responsibilities intertwine with the ILB, safeties and corners. It requires football intelligence, communication and savvy. 38 is our dude. He’s the perfect fit actually. Leave the young athletes out in the islands.

3 hours ago, boratt said:

I highly doubt anyone is gonna beat out 38 at nickel. It’s an inside position where zones and responsibilities intertwine with the ILB, safeties and corners. It requires football intelligence, communication and savvy. 38 is our dude. He’s the perfect fit actually. Leave the young athletes out in the islands.

Cant say whats going to happen, but my first box to check on #38 is his coverage skills. Does he still have them. If he doesnt, any good OC/QB will find him.

3 hours ago, persiandud said:

The Athletic posted an article about Montravius Adams. I had him as a breakout player this season. I don't have a subscription, so if someone happens to have one please post some quotes from the article! 

It's pretty much the same quotes we've read from Pettine and Clark already, nothing new.

19 hours ago, craig said:

Other note:  Sometimes camp catches that get the most attention are very difficult contested catches.  But I wonder if that might not also reflect that a guy didn't create separation.  Those may get lots of tweets and quotes; but if another guy is a little quicker and gets more open enough to have an easy pass and an easy catch, might not the latter guy actually be better, even if enabling a seemingly easy completion doesn't prompt many tweets?

Kinda the equivalent of a QB getting much love for 4th quarter comebacks; I recall when this was Rodgers' bugbear, my defense was "no, he isn't a come-from-behind QB. On the other hand, he wins plenty of games in the first 3 quarters so I'm not worried about it." 

Archived