Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Just about done with King.  How in the heck can anybody be so frail/injury prone?  He isn't worth a lick if he isn't available.  Potential is great thing but nothing beats steady eddie on the field. 

If Eddie's a CB he better be Fast Eddie cause Steady Eddie's gonna get burned :)

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I also think that the pass rush is going to help the coverage quite a bit this season.  I think it will be a little more consistent than the last couple of seasons.  I agree that we can't take much more loss before we are really scraping the bottom of the depth chart.  It remains to be seen how badly King and Jackson are injured.  On an optimistic note, I do like the physical profile of Tony Brown and Ka'Dar Hollman, they give us a lot of speed.  I would like to see them in live action before making any trades.  

Jackson hopefully should be back soon. Heard he was sprinting on the field today. His foot must be pretty damn close.

14 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

I feel like King is going to pull a Nick Perry, stay healthy and ballout for the first time in his contract year 

Great! We could use the contribution....then figure out next year.

It’s really disappointing because he’s such a unique talent. He’s gonna have to join up with Jaire and do yoga.

Its his second year in the defense though. He’s got a month before games start and if he did miss the first couple, he does have a good feel for what pettine is doing so his year isn’t shot yet. 

I’m glad Hollman is doing so well, but damn, I had my hopes up for King this year.

Just hoping beyond hope that the King thing is a minor set back and he'll be ready by the second preseason game and for the opening bell, week 1. Need to get Josh Jackson back on the field too. It is (tongue in cheek) encouraging there are a few younger guys who appear taking advantage of the opportunity. 

I don't blame King. For whatever reason(genetics, just bad luck, etc), some dudes bodies just can't seem to hold up to the rigors of whatever sport they play. That said, we've reached the point where we can stop relying on King contributing anything and if he does consider it a bonus

Just now, spilltray said:

Or Casey Hayward? He spent most of his rookie deal with hamstring injuries

Right. Similar deal. I just compare King to Kirkpatrick because theyre both huge corners with better than expected athletic ability. 

29 minutes ago, spilltray said:

So if King leaves and signs elsewhere and becomes a Pro Bowler, we can expect Packers fans to be enraged that we didn’t re-sign King who they were mad at in the first place?

27 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

So if King leaves and signs elsewhere and becomes a Pro Bowler, we can expect Packers fans to be enraged that we didn’t re-sign King who they were mad at in the first place?

Not expecting a Hayward-type evolution by King but who knows. Hayward had 9 picks in his first 3 years at GB and always was a playmaker. King hasn't shown that through 2 years so far.

1 hour ago, spilltray said:

Not really comparable. Hayward played more snaps his rookie year than King did in his first 2 years, and played in 79% of GB’s games. King hasn’t even played in 50%. 

Archived