Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

4 hours ago, Donzo said:

Well, no... He would never say anything like that in person, just like you.

Actually, unfortunately for you. You're wrong. I would absolutely tell Kevin King he's soft to his face and when he went to throw that right hook and I ducked it I'd know the fight would be won -- cause it is at that moment he would have dislocated his shoulder and tore his rotator cuff like the soft fu** he is. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

Obviously we're laying a trap for the real game on Thursday, when it counts

The thought crossed my mind for a millisecond, but as low as the first string offense's heads were hanging as they walked off the field (according to several tweets), they knew they'd been beat, and beat good.

8 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Actually, unfortunately for you. You're wrong. I would absolutely tell Kevin King he's soft to his face and when he went to throw that right hook and I ducked it I'd know the fight would be won -- cause it is at that moment he would have dislocated his shoulder and tore his rotator cuff like the soft fu** he is. 

giphy.gif

14 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

The thought crossed my mind for a millisecond, but as low as the first string offense's heads were hanging as they walked off the field (according to several tweets), they knew they'd been beat, and beat good.

Every other beat writer other than Herman makes it sounds like our defense is kicking their offenses ***.

Smith and Gary living in their backfield, sacks and TFL for Adams, pick for Amos, nice PBU for Tony Brown after being beat.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Fill in the number:

You believe that Montravious Adams will be a top ___ Interior Defensive Lineman.

I tell you this, I 100% believe he's not "trash".

In a little more detail, I see him as an excellent 3rd year prospect. As a rookie, he didn't look like he deserved to be on a 90 man roster before he hurt his foot. By the end of his 2nd season, he looked like a good, disruptive NFL D-linemen. Top it off with his excellent off season, he's poised to breakout his 3rd year.

With that being said, over the years, I've noticed a trend that you begrudgingly acknowledge player development of players you labeled as "trash". I remember you doing it with Bakhtiari,  Martinez, Lowry,  Fackrell and now Adams (I imagine you'll be giving Gary this treatment, too). And, I sure I missed some other ones, too...  This seems odd to me. I know you put in time following these things. So, I don't understand why it pisses you off when Packer players develop.

Back on Adams, I see a developmental curve resembling Daniels... Daniels was a 4-yr guy at Iowa, Adams a 3-yr guy at Auburn. Because Adams' rookie season was in essence a redshirt year for him, I'm comparing Adams 2nd season with the Packers to Daniels rookie season; this evens out their age. 

Now, I do understand they're different players. Daniels is bull dog; Adams is a late bloomer with an actual better skillset. Like I mentioned, I just see their developmental curve being similar with Adams' 2nd season comparing to Daniels rookie season. Daniels broke out his 2nd season. We'll see if Adams breaks out his 3rd season... I think he will.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Every other beat writer other than Herman makes it sounds like our defense is kicking their offenses ***.

Smith and Gary living in their backfield, sacks and TFL for Adams, pick for Amos, nice PBU for Tony Brown after being beat.

I didn't say anything about the Defense's heads held low.  And I'm certainly not going to worry about the offensive struggles at this point.

27 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

LOL!

I used to go to 5-10 practices a year. I’ve found it hard to watch everything so I pick a position  group for the year. This year it’s WRs

I watched Moore more closely today. I’ve sort of let him go after the first couple practices because he looked unsure of himself and jittery. I was like, this dude just doesn’t get it. Today though I paid attention again after someone questioning me on it. He did look good today. Crisp, quick, fast. Best movement skills of our group. And he doesn’t drop the ball, even when he was jittery and looked confused, he caught it. So I take that back. He has a shot. I Still think Shepherd looks decent. 

I watch MVS closely because I have him pegged as a high potential player so I wanna see if he’s real. He gives good effort on every play. I know AR was frustrated with his practice last year. That looks fixed. He blocks, runs long routes that basically clear out the defense but he’s never gonna get thrown to. He plays hard. I keep seeing signs of a great player for us with very little negative. 

Archived