Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

does this mean @Norm doesn't have to be a viking fan?

Yeah take it Chili!! He only got put on IR. WOHOOO. Drinks are on me boys

Edit: def ahead of myself since I'm pretty confident they'll do an injury settlement. Kinda curious how long of an injury this might be as far as the settlement he might take.

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nope, we've now only entered the second danger zone. If Spriggs and the Packers come to an injury settlement he's released. If they don't, he goes to IR. 

I'm still claiming victory.

Also I'm guessing I'll hear, "he's so bad he can't make our team or any of the 31 others. "

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nope, we've now only entered the second danger zone. If Spriggs and the Packers come to an injury settlement he's released. If they don't, he goes to IR. 

I'm going to side with Norm and agree that an injury settlement is not an outright release.

Just now, incognito_man said:

I'm going to side with Norm and agree that an injury settlement is not an outright release.

I'm 99% sure I said if he doesn't make the team, no trades or injury reasons. IDK how to find it. I should have bookmarked

I'd argue that being waived with an injury settlement or being outright cut ultimately creates the exact same end result which is a release from the team and his contract. In other words the player is no longer on the roster. Surely this means Norm has to be a viking fan.

If we keep him on IR than Norm is safe. xD

This is the exact phrasing that Norm used:

Spriggs is the best 3rd tackle on this team. If he's out right cut, not traded, not IRd, just gets cut, I'll become a Vikings fan and post there every single day forever for being wrong.

3 hours ago, boratt said:

Lafleur was asked what was positive from the offense during the joint practices. He said the offensive line.  He said they controlled the line of scrimmage and not just the first team. 

I’ve heard Alex Lights name brought up as a guy who’s rising to the occasion. 

They cut Jason Spriggs.

I really don’t think they’re kidding when they say they like their OL. Same way they weren’t kidding when they said they liked Lowry and Adams. They cut a quality DT. Same way they weren’t kidding when they cut Sitton and said they liked Taylor.

Add the words and actions together. They like Alex Light. So much so, that I’m going to watch every play of his tomorrow. He might be the RT of the future. 

I hope they like the guys we have now better than they liked Taylor...

20 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'd argue that being waived with an injury settlement or being outright cut ultimately creates the exact same end result which is a release from the team and his contract. In other words the player is no longer on the roster. Surely this means Norm has to be a viking fan.

I hereby second this motion and as a consequence - beginning with the opening of the 2019 regular season and until its conclusion - Norm must make at least one daily post at the FF Minnesota Vikings page.  He can always return here and be welcomed....but his sentence is thus :)

8 hours ago, Leader said:

I dont think the "proving a point" concept holds much water.

I'm not an OL guy so stuff can be going on there that I'm not up to snuff on. It is what it is, but my overall on Spriggs is he was wanting. Improving? That seemed to be the case - but capable? That I cant say.

So - I went to Spotrac and looked at his statistics. 2017 was a lost year. He only played 7 games (for what reason, I dont recall or care to know). In 2018 - when our OL was in serious flux - he started 2 games - played in 13 - and took 0.290 of the total OL snaps.

So we're lamenting the loss of a three year guy who didnt even pick up 1% of snaps in 2018? 

I'm a player guy. A strong proponent of the "it takes time" theory but what are we talking about? In fact, a talent (thats been around for awhile....) who on a year when playing opportunities were abounding - took less than 1% of the snaps.

Did we really lose something here? Apparently the FO and Coaches dont think so.

1%? Might want to work on your math. Spriggs played 27% of team snaps in 2017 (& was on IR for 7 games), and 27% in 2018. It’s also a feeble argument to judge him by snapcount when he is playing behind Bak & Bulaga. A ton of NFL OT’s would sit on the bench behind those guys.

He played 278/616 snaps (45%) in 2017 when not on IR. This was actually the year of all the Bulaga/Bak injuries.

In 2018, the starting OT’s missed a combined 336 snaps and Spriggs played on 291 of those (87%).

2 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

1%? Might want to work on your math. Spriggs played 27% of team snaps in 2017 (& was on IR for 7 games), and 27% in 2018. It’s also a feeble argument to judge him by snapcount when he is playing behind Bak & Bulaga. A ton of NFL OT’s would sit on the bench behind those guys.

He played 278/616 snaps (45%) in 2017 when not on IR. This was actually the year of all the Bulaga/Bak injuries.

In 2018, the starting OT’s missed a combined 336 snaps and Spriggs played on 291 of those (87%).

Actually I didnt do any math. The data came off the Spotrac website which lists him at 0.290% of snaps in 2018. Perhaps I misinterpreted it to represent less than 1% (?) - is that 29% (?) - but thats what their website indicates.

9 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Even if that was the case, you have a hard time selling me that we're clearly better with deGeer or Njiman on the 2019 roster than we are Spriggs.  You don't cut a guy that you invested so much in to prove a point.  That's foolish.  You cut the guys you invested very little in.

You keep the guys that can play and have a future. You're mistaking Spriggs for either of those. What you have invested has nothing to do with it. 

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually I didnt do any math. The data came off the Spotrac website which lists him at 0.290% of snaps in 2018. Perhaps I misinterpreted it to represent less than 1% (?) - is that 29% (?) - but thats what their website indicates.

Yea, looks like their website did not do the x100 for percentages. 

8 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

My guess is Spriggs will get at least 6m a year once he has the opportunity to sign somewhere else. His body type and athleticism alone will get him that. Half the league is looking to upgrade their T depth.

And part of the equation was that he wasn't going to get that here. 

Archived