Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Serious question, should we have re-signed Matthews to a 'Smith' contract and kept Perry in your opinion? Or don'e nothing! Serious question as to where you stand on our addressing the EDGE position this off season. 

I don't agree with that poster but those weren't the ONLY options lol

Just now, Golfman said:

I'm just asking a question of him for clarification. OF course there were other options, including who we picked at 12. 

I think we did a pretty damn good job all things considered. We added a lot and we didn't give up picks. I think all rational serious people acknowledge that. Going back and forth with that person has never led anywhere meaningful.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ReadyToThump said:

I mean if he's learned how to get off the line against press coverage then I'm down with this. I still don't love him as a player, I wish he had more quick twitch in his game, but if they want to attack downfield more that's his game. Question is just whether or not a 27 year old receiver in a contract year is worth keeping on the roster over the multitude of younger, cheaper, more athletic players with multiple years left on their contacts. 

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Jimmy Graham looks like the only potential significant cut (would save $8million) as well.

I want to see a season of a healthy Rodgers-Graham connection more than I’m worried about saving his money.  I’m expecting a resurgence from both and it’s going to be a joy to watch. 

16 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Also this:

I'd expect him to end up on IR, unlike Spriggs.  Still two years left on a super cheap deal and he's a freak physically.  Guess we'll see though.

19 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

There goes the Corey Grant experiment. Figured we'd get Campbell back at some point, like that quite a bit. 

I'm a fan of this.  I like Campbell in the box, he flashed some in that Jets game last year.  Not sure what he'll end up being for this team, but frankly Grant isn't much of a player anyway so no harm no foul.

I really liked Campbell last year.  I thI'mnk a lot of the Twitter scouts did too once they watched the film.  Similar to Amos, he's just a guy who will be in the right spot and make a tackle when you need him to.  Hopefully he can contribute in the 2nd half of the season.

7 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I really liked Campbell last year.  I thI'mnk a lot of the Twitter scouts did too once they watched the film.  Similar to Amos, he's just a guy who will be in the right spot and make a tackle when you need him to.  Hopefully he can contribute in the 2nd half of the season.

He was playing pretty well until he tore that ACL. I was hoping we'd keep him. 

11 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

I thought Corey Grant could've been a dark horse to make the 53. 

Yeah, Iiked the idea of having another fast back on the roster as insurance for Aaron Jones.  

My head is spinning a bit with all of these moves made in training camp.  Gute isn't afraid to cut bait and run if he doesn't see what he wants to see.  I like it.

• Like 1