Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

41 minutes ago, spilltray said:

If cut after year two he will have made 27.25 or 13.6/per. 

It's early I will double check my math late either way it's a team friendly contract that makes him earn it to hit that big value

It's 34.5 over the first two years. He'd have to flop real hard to be cut at that time imo, he'll see at least 3 years of that contract.

21 minutes ago, Packer_ESP said:

It's 34.5 over the first two years. He'd have to flop real hard to be cut at that time imo, he'll see at least 3 years of that contract.

The part of the contract I find interesting is the high per game roster bonus.

If he ends up being Nick Perry, he loses a lot of money, and has a significantly lower cap hit.

16 mullion of the first two years is tied up in roster bonuses.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

2 things to keep in mind while hangin' out here in the Titletown forum at Football's Future

1) packerchatters sucks
2) this isn't packerchatters

please don't bring that crapola in here, thx much

Ah yes.  Good ole Mark Lawrence and Bruce.  Brings back memories!

39 minutes ago, Danger said:

Question, how much is Aaron Jones going to be splitting the load with other RB(s) on the roster?

No clue.  Guessing he will be underused, to keep him healthy and fresh.

I almost expect GB to keep bringing in back all year long looking for their "next" one.

And I"m afraid to say it, but I feel like we may be drafting one higher than I'd like in the near future.

55 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

And I"m afraid to say it, but I feel like we may be drafting one higher than I'd like in the near future.

I was also thinking about this. I doubt we will ever pick a first round receiver or running back, but I think we see some RBs in the 2nd round a couple of times in the next few years. 

4 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

I was also thinking about this. I doubt we will ever pick a first round receiver or running back, but I think we see some RBs in the 2nd round a couple of times in the next few years. 

That's perfectly OK since the RB class next year is pretty stacked and teams don't really want to pay RB's a ton of money. I'm all for it.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

No clue.  Guessing he will be underused, to keep him healthy and fresh.

I almost expect GB to keep bringing in back all year long looking for their "next" one.

34 minutes ago, Uffdaswede said:

28 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

That's perfectly OK since the RB class next year is pretty stacked and teams don't really want to pay RB's a ton of money. I'm all for it.

I'm for it as well.  I want this team to find it's next workhorse back, ala Eddie Lacy.  

The way this offense has looked so far tells me that we aren't just saying we want to run, we do want to run and we do want to play action.  Gotta believe it works better when we have better running backs and offensive linemen.  Drafted Jenkins high.  Signed Jenkins.  Bakh is a top tier LT.  Paid Linsley a lot.  Bulaga is upper level....  Seems like RB is where it is at.

And I hope, really hope, we don't do some stupid like pay huge FA dollars to a RB like Henry if he ever hits the market.  (MLF connection)

15 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm for it as well.  I want this team to find it's next workhorse back, ala Eddie Lacy.  

The way this offense has looked so far tells me that we aren't just saying we want to run, we do want to run and we do want to play action.  Gotta believe it works better when we have better running backs and offensive linemen.  Drafted Jenkins high.  Signed Jenkins.  Bakh is a top tier LT.  Paid Linsley a lot.  Bulaga is upper level....  Seems like RB is where it is at.

And I hope, really hope, we don't do some stupid like pay huge FA dollars to a RB like Henry if he ever hits the market.  (MLF connection)

I thought the narrative was he hated Henry fwiw

Before the CBA we had a much longer and larger number of practices.

After the CBA this got whittled down quite a bit.

Under LaFleur beat writers have noted that he has whittled the amount of time we practice even further. They do what they need to do and then boom that's it. There's no scope for further training to work on our weaknesses.

No wonder the tackling sucked last night!  xD

You get good at something when you repeat it over and over again. When you do it less then naturally the quality will decline. Unfortunately I don't see this changing anytime soon due to the CBA and the CTE issue. However I think LaFleur should be making use of ALL the practice time available to him, voluntarily giving up practice times does not make sense to me especially when he is installing a brand new offence. I would understand reducing practice times if the team has been in a well established offence for 2 or 3 years but not when the players need to spend as much time as possible learning and executing it.

This is why I understand Rodgers frustration with the joint practices when the team is trying very hard to learn the playbook and execute it only to waste two days on simplified playbooks when instead they should be going full steam ahead with the installs, learning and execution.

Joint practices make sense for established teams who doesn't need to focus so much on installs. Doing joint practices next year would've been fine but doing it this year was a mistake - we just wasted valuable practice days to be further ahead in building our offence. The timing was simply wrong and it interfered with our progress.

I'm all for shaking up the culture and routine that the Packers players were used to under McCarthy but I don't think they fully thought this through and went a bit too far.