Packers Training Camp 2019

packfanfb

3 hours ago, Chili said:

Acme Packing Company published a list of snap counts. Whilst most were as expected some give valuable clues as to where the players stand on the roster.

3rd stringers who barely played any snaps are obvious cuts. Wilkins. Hall, Ford, Redding, Jawill, Taylor, Nijman, Sagapolu are all currently on the outside looking in. Nijman was especially surprising as I expected him to feature much more but its seems clear that Light, de Beer and Pankey are all firmly ahead for the backup OT role. 

In Nijman’s case I wonder if they have practice squad typed on his team photo and don’t want him putting much tape down for other teams. 

Edit: I read my post and realized that typewriters and VCRs are anachronisms that scream “Old Guy! Born in the ‘50s Old Guy!”

Edited by Uffdaswede

Found a twitter post on snap counts in more detail:

Its possible that the Packers are trying to reduce the amount of tape teams have on Nijman so that we can sneak him onto the practice squad but he's not running with the 1st or 2nd team offence in practice yet. I suspect his low snap count is a true indicator of where's he's at on the roster right now rather than us trying to hide him.

Edited by Chili

4 minutes ago, Chili said:

Found a twitter post on snap counts in more detail: ...Its possible that the Packers are trying to reduce the amount of tape teams have on Nijman so that we can sneak him onto the practice squad but he's not running with the 1st or 2nd team offence in practice yet. I suspect his low snap count is a true indicator of where's he's at on the roster right now rather than us trying to hide him.

Ahh... I have read the tea leaves and found evidence of a plot to hide an asset from our clever opponents, but you have read the tea leaves and found...tea!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Maybe the team is higher on him and/or his potential than you are.

Touche. However I later discovered he was in fact carrying an injury which was why he didn't play against the Texans.

Big deal! with Burks out Bolton is next man up. Josh Jones is back practicing so this is noteworthy. Before you ask about Summers, I suppose Bolton got the nod because its a "coverage" ILB position which Summers isn't suited for. If Martinez was out you can bet Summers would be next man up.

It appears Bulaga is being rested again. Today Turner is at RT with Jenkins at RG. Don't know who is playing at LG though.

Edited by Chili

Finally got my answer. Its Lane Taylor. Now when Turner went back to RG did Lane Taylor keep his spot or did Jenkins take over. That's my next question which is unlikely to be answered.

Edited by Chili