The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

As it stands, these are the only realistic targets that are intriguing or improve us somewhat. Roster Resources crowd source contract projections are listed next to each player. It's pretty bleak at this point lol.

2B
Josh Harrison (no projection) - All of his value comes defensively so not really a need.
Jean Segura (2 yrs/$24 Million) - Would rather just give the job to Turang

3B
Brian Anderson (no projection) - Other than for the name play reasons, no interest unless he's really cheap.
Evan Longoria (1 yr/$8 Million) - Viable option but likely returns to Tampa. Not the defender he once was. Hits lefties well still.

RF
Michael Conforto (1 yr/$12 Million) - Probably the best UFA around but, again, running into the problem of not being a good hitter vs LHP. It's fine for name value to appease the fanbase but I don't know if it actually helps.
Adam Duvall (1 yr/$7 Million) - Not good at all last year and isn't a lefty masher. Last resort for me.
Robbie Grossman (no projection) - Good in 20 & 21, putrid in 22. Switch hitter that historically hits LHP well. Not really a good defender.
Trey Mancini (2 yrs/$16 Million) - Intriguing option and historically a balance hitter. Was an adventure in RF in 2021 tho. Would think this is more of a 1B/DH role.
Wil Myers (no projection) - Realistic option here. Hits lefties well and hit well outside of SD. Injury prone is wording it lightly.
Tyler Naquin (no projection) - Putrid vs LHP so unless it's a platoon with Taylor, and cheap, not interested.
David Peralta (1 yr/$8 Million) - Would rather, again, just see what Frelick/Wiemer can do. Plus, he's a LHB and is putrid vs LHP so not really a fit.
AJ Pollock (1 yr/$8 Million) - Brutal in 2022 and hasn't played much RF in his career. Probably not an option.
Franmil Reyes (no projection) - Historically hits LHP well but is a pretty piss poor OF.

Bullpen
Jose Alvarez (no projection) - Been decent in the past but was brutal last year. Cheap option potentially.
Aroldis Chapman (no projection) - Was problematic for the Yankees last year so I don't see it happening.
Michael Fulmer (no projection) - Intriguing option but I doubt we spend anything on bullpen unless he comes in under what we thought Box was worth.
Chad Green (1 yr/$5 Million) - Another intriguing option but, again, they aren't spending on bullpen in 2023.
Craig Kimbrell (1 yr/$9 Million) - lol no chance. Bullpen is officially the dumpster dive position of 2023.
Jimmy Nelson (no projection) - Re-union!
Alex Reyes (no projection) - Would be an intriguing gamble but I feel like he probably wants real money and not a prove it deal, otherwise he'd be off the market.
Trevor Rosenthal (no projection) - For the LULZ

Other Positions
1B Dom Smith (no projection) - If he's willing to start with a MiLB deal and in AAA, I'd gamble. He's intriguing.
1B/DH Luke Voit (no projection) - Pretty much DH only and isn't reliable. Has power but not sure he's a fit.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

All to say $750,000 lol. Poverty franchise. Hope Mark's group sells after the state inevitably gives them what they want to extend their lease.

I'd rather go back to being fully irrelevant and able to go to ballgames cheap than deal with overpriced tickets and concessions with the obvious lie of being a contender spewing out of Mark's mouth. I'm over it. I never thought I'd say this but the Brewers are irrelevant to me now. They've replaced the Herb Kohl Bucks as the "nobody cares" team for me. False promises from rich people making money hand over fist and acting like they're poor. **** you, Mark.

On 2/16/2023 at 11:59 AM, beekay414 said:

All to say $750,000 lol. Poverty franchise. Hope Mark's group sells after the state inevitably gives them what they want to extend their lease.

I'd rather go back to being fully irrelevant and able to go to ballgames cheap than deal with overpriced tickets and concessions with the obvious lie of being a contender spewing out of Mark's mouth. I'm over it. I never thought I'd say this but the Brewers are irrelevant to me now. They've replaced the Herb Kohl Bucks as the "nobody cares" team for me. False promises from rich people making money hand over fist and acting like they're poor. **** you, Mark.

Don't blame you. Ugly, ugly situation. I'd be very upset if I was a Brewers fan. Pretty much guarantees he gets traded.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Don't blame you. Ugly, ugly situation. I'd be very upset if I was a Brewers fan. Pretty much guarantees he gets traded.

Lot of people believe that our owner is gearing up to sell the team. The cost cutting moves, David Stearns stepping down, Craig Counsell being non-committal about his future and the team asking the state for $300 Million for stadium upkeep in order to extend their lease 20 more years. It just all reeks of intent to sell.

Edited by beekay414