The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

2 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Nope, that's wrong. We lose out competitive balance round B pick and keep all of our international bonus cap space. Went through this a few pages back. Get it together Tom.

Also our lord and savior HighHeat19 says we have one smaller "hot" trade that we are working on right now. That's Keon Broxton. Gotta be.

Haudricourt says MLB explained that comp picks are excluded in his last tweet.  Who knows really I guess.  

9 minutes ago, WiscFan3 said:

Pretty interesting take from Rosenthal about Brewers possibly keeping Santana. 

I just don't see it.  Broxton and Phillips will not bring the type of SP that we need without much more in terms of extra prospects.  I would rather trade Domingo and use Phillips as the 4th OFer

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SplashDive said:

I just don't see it.  Broxton and Phillips will not bring the type of SP that we need without much more in terms of extra prospects.  I would rather trade Domingo and use Phillips as the 4th OFer

Yeah it makes far more sense to deal Santana than it does Phillips due to Brett's ability to play all three outfield spots and the fact that he can be a late inning defensive sub. Santana provides neither of those two benefits. 

42 minutes ago, SplashDive said:

We're not going to have 3 guys with 120 wRC+ rotate between 3 positions and have a bad back of our rotation. That's silly.

A lot of talk (speculation, not actual rumors) about Mike Clevinger from Cleveland. I dunno, I get that he's cost controlled through 2023 but I don't think I'd take him straight up for Domingo. I'd need a prospect or two depending on the quality. Salazar is a no doubt straight up swap if they'd do it but Clevinger is a little "meh" to me.

Is asking Clevinger and Shane Bieber too much?

EDIT - Eh, I guess it'd be fine as a straight swap.

Edited by bkobow05

22 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If the Indians are really interested in Domingo, would you try and get Kipnis back as well as a starter?

I mean, I wouldn't hate it but can we stomach his contract if his body breaks down? He had a really rough 2017. He's due $28 Million over the next 2 seasons with a $2.5 Million buyout in 2020. 

25 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

If the Indians are really interested in Domingo, would you try and get Kipnis back as well as a starter?

I think a guy like Kipnis would always be available if we want him. I'd rather see if Villar can bounce back, Dubon can play, Perez can play, and Keston can make a quick run to the big leagues.

If none of that happens, then yeah we've got a hole to plug.