The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I have no idea what happens here, but I can't pretend I'm not fascinated by the prospect of signing Yu, keeping Domingo, moving Braun to first and dealing the other pieces (Thames, Broxton, maybe Phillips).

If we signed Yu, I'd almost want to trade Domingo for another good starter. Pitching is the biggest question and we'd solidify it real quick. 

Apparently, Tampa wants Domingo, Burnes plus prospects. Once they added Burnes, Stearns backed off. 

If we don't get Darvish  (don't think we will) I would focus my efforts towards Stroman with a package centered around Domingo.  Once we get Stroman I would turn around and sign either Cobb or Lynn.

Stroman, Anderson, Lynn or Cobb, Davies, Chacin is a pretty good rotation.  Throw in Jimmy when he gets back and it is really good.  I wouldn't be opposed to throwing Davies in to Toronto if we had to.  Still a really good rotation and only gets better in June.

12 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

Probably all gamesmanship here in regards to Yu tho. Think, in the end, he signs with Chicago after the Brewers drive up the price. 

His agents sure are trying.  In the span of about 12 hours we got "reports" that Yu somehow wants to be BOTH a Dodger and a Ranger, and also that the Brewers "may be" the most aggressive on him.  Even another blurb about the Yankees possibly entering the fray again if they can move some money.  It's all pointless, though.  Until Arrieta and Cobb are both also off the market, Darvish won't have any leverage over the Cubs.  It can't be understated how happy I am that this FO hasn't budged at all.  They know they have the best offer out there for Darvish, and aren't going to outbid themselves.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

His agents sure are trying.  In the span of about 12 hours we got "reports" that Yu somehow wants to be BOTH a Dodger and a Ranger, and also that the Brewers "may be" the most aggressive on him.  Even another blurb about the Yankees possibly entering the fray again if they can move some money.  It's all pointless, though.  Until Arrieta and Cobb are both also off the market, Darvish won't have any leverage over the Cubs.  It can't be understated how happy I am that this FO hasn't budged at all.  They know they have the best offer out there for Darvish, and aren't going to outbid themselves.

Just means this is wrapping up. Our lord and savior HighHeat has it 60/40 Cubs/Brewers and thinks it's over Monday.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Just means this is wrapping up. Our lord and savior HighHeat has it 60/40 Cubs/Brewers and thinks it's over Monday.

To be fair, he also had it 80/20 that the Ellsbury deal was going through.  It's clear he knows somebody with information, but he really has no idea about how likely any of this is. I mean, how could he?  His sources are very unlikely to be Darvish or his reps.

I'm really not sure why people are concerned with trading Santana+Burnes and lower level guys for Archer...I mean, I like Burnes as much as anyone but I'd rather try to keep some of the depth than worry about losing Corbin. Especially considering his ceiling is most likely a MOR starter. 

Would you rather deal Santana+Burnes+fliers (think Demi+Garcia) or go the depth route with something like Santana+Ortiz+Ponce+McClanahan?

Edited by bkobow05

13 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

I'm really not sure why people are concerned with trading Santana+Burnes and lower level guys for Archer...I mean, I like Burnes as much as anyone but I'd rather try to keep some of the depth than worry about losing Corbin. Especially considering his ceiling is most likely a MOR starter. 

Would you rather deal Santana+Burnes+fliers (think Demi+Garcia) or go the depth route with something like Santana+Ortiz+Ponce+McClanahan?

Prolly Ortiz because he's fat and I don't think he can throw strikes but I agree with your general point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Prolly Ortiz because he's fat and I don't think he can throw strikes but I agree with your general point.

Alright, say Peralta instead of Ortiz? Because, if we back off on Burnes, we'd definitely have to include someone in our next line of SP prospects and it's Ortiz/Peralta with better depth in the deal.