The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

3 minutes ago, bkobow05 said:

Alright, say Peralta instead of Ortiz? Because, if we back off on Burnes, we'd definitely have to include someone in our next line of SP prospects and it's Ortiz/Peralta with better depth in the deal.

Huh? Ortiz is gonna have more value that Peralta. Do you mean Burnes or Ortiz + Peralta?

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Huh? Ortiz is gonna have more value that Peralta. Do you mean Burnes or Ortiz + Peralta?

I know. What I'm trying to say is, are you comfortable adding MORE with Peralta than just sending Burnes and lotto tickets? I know I'd rather just part ways with Burnes. Hell, wouldn't surprise me if the drop from Burnes was Ortiz+Peralta in Tampa's eyes.

Just now, bkobow05 said:

I know. What I'm trying to say is, are you comfortable adding MORE with Peralta than just sending Burnes and lotto tickets? I know I'd rather just part ways with Burnes. Hell, wouldn't surprise me if the drop from Burnes was Ortiz+Peralta in Tampa's eyes.

Yeah I'd probably deal depth in the 18-30 range that doesn't have upside but Brewerfan scouts the Burnes stat line and thinks he can be an ace and that's dumb.

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yeah I'd probably deal depth in the 18-30 range that doesn't have upside but Brewerfan scouts the Burnes stat line and thinks he can be an ace and that's dumb.

What would your package look like? When you say 18-30 range without upside, are you talking about guys like Bickford, Stokes, Kirby, etc?

Just now, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Yep. Ponce too tbh.

Makes sense.

Honestly, I don't think a deal for Archer depletes us like most people think. Lots of intriguing, albeit risky, prospects still in the system. Plus, we know that Stearns has the ability to replenish the farm if push comes to shove and this experiment (for lack of a better word) fails.

36 minutes ago, SplashDive said:

Which scenario appeals more to you...

Give Darvish a 6 year deal...

Or

Give up 3 top 10 organizational prospects for Archer. 

This hypothetical is Archer because I'd handpick the prospects I don't like. Realistically, Tampa Bay is gonna rail us for him. They've got leverage, they know it, and they're smart. There's no Archer trade that's not gonna be a kick to the stones.

I'd need a dollar figure on Darvish. 6/$120M? Coolio. 6/$180M? No es bueno.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

This hypothetical is Archer because I'd handpick the prospects I don't like. Realistically, Tampa Bay is gonna rail us for him. They've got leverage, they know it, and they're smart. There's no Archer trade that's not gonna be a kick to the stones.

I'd need a dollar figure on Darvish. 6/$120M? Coolio. 6/$180M? No es bueno.

Yeah...I don't see any way that Milwaukee doesn't feel an Archer trade hurt badly.