The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

33 minutes ago, umphrey said:

Is this off-season a fail if we don't trade an of?  I'm wondering if Cain was still a good idea if we have a stacked of opening day and Gallardo is pitching every 5th day. 

Gallardo's not pitching every 5th day unless it's mop up duty out of the bullpen.

He's not even a lock to make the team.

3 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Gallardo's not pitching every 5th day unless it's mop up duty out of the bullpen.

He's not even a lock to make the team.

I mean it's not like Miley, Guerra or Suter are more exciting options.

Clearly as the starters stand at this very second, we're not a serious contender for anything other than maybe a WC.

I don't mind the Yelich/Cain moves however because we have plenty of time with them to seriously contend. However not maximizing on Santana's value I feel is a mistake. We failed to capitalize on Guerra and now he's just a guy we're stuck with that has no value. Unless Braun is a full time 1B, Santana isn't going to be an every day guy, hopefully he hits up to the deadline in his opportunities and we can swing him at the deadline. Not to mention is makes Phillips a AAA guy instead of the 4th OF, there's nothing left for him there either.

20 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean it's not like Miley, Guerra or Suter are more exciting options.

Clearly as the starters stand at this very second, we're not a serious contender for anything other than maybe a WC.

I don't mind the Yelich/Cain moves however because we have plenty of time with them to seriously contend. However not maximizing on Santana's value I feel is a mistake. We failed to capitalize on Guerra and now he's just a guy we're stuck with that has no value. Unless Braun is a full time 1B, Santana isn't going to be an every day guy, hopefully he hits up to the deadline in his opportunities and we can swing him at the deadline. Not to mention is makes Phillips a AAA guy instead of the 4th OF, there's nothing left for him there either.

There's nothing MIL could do to make themselves anything more than a WC contender right now with CHC so far ahead.

On 2/26/2018 at 7:00 PM, bkobow05 said:

Any interesting prospects that I should look out for that could be in our range this draft? The only one that I've really read anything on is that tall *** pitcher from Kentucky lol

Kumar Rocker is being listed as a late 1st round guy for some reason. Which is silly to me. He good. Connor Scott. Casey Mize. Any injury dudes who fall (CMON MADRIGAL).

tbh this front office has hit their drafts out of the park with one notable exception that I don't want to talk about. If they like a HS kid who would otherwise be a 2nd round guy I'm good with it.

This is the list of guys I think are going to be in serious play for us at 21...

1. Alec Bohm | 3B/1B | Wichita State - Depends on whether we believe he can stick at 3B. Still, I love his profile for us. He's that safe college bat that'll rise fast through the system.
2. Any of the three top C's - Whether it be Will Banfield, Joey Bart or Noah Naylor, I could see Stearns taking a shot on one of them due to the lack of quality C's in the system.
3. Any value pick - Basically anyone who falls beyond where they were expected to. Whether that be Kumar Rocker, Jeremy Eierman, Nick Madrigal, etc.
4. Connor Scott | OF | Plant HS (FL) - Left handed bat, potential 5 tool player. Just seems like the Stearns mold.
5. Xavier Edwards | SS | North Broward Prep (FL) - Up the middle defender who can hit and will stick at SS. 

Didn't mention guys like Seth Beer or Luken Baker due to the fact that they are 1B only types who are better off at DH than in the field. I, obviously, love Beer (for many reasons) but don't think we'll take him due to not really being of the Stearns profile.

• 2 weeks later...