The Milwaukee Brewers Thread - CY Burnes, 2021 NL Central Champs

ramssuperbowl99

11 hours ago, daintrain28 said:

Lemme ask this.

Realistically, what pitcher are we likely to land for Domingo Santana and Brett Phillips?  You guys know a lot better than me about this stuff. What are we loooking at?

I don't think they have to trade both.  It isn't out of the realm of possibilities to get like a Salazar from Cleveland type for Domingo.  I may be off a little but I think that is what it looks like.

21 hours ago, bkobow05 said:

~traded Francisco Rodriguez for Manny Pina & Javier Betancourt
~traded Cy Sneed for Jonathan Villar
~traded Luis Sardinas for Ramon Flores
~traded Adam Lind for Carlos Herrera, Daniel Missaki & Freddy Peralta
~traded Jason Rogers for Trey Supak and Keon Broxton
~traded Trevor Seidenberger for Rymer Liriano
~traded Jean Segura & Tyler Wagner for Chase Anderson, Aaron Hill, Isan Diaz & Cash
~traded Khris Davis for Bubba Derby and Jacob Nottingham
~traded Aaron Hill for Wendell Rijo and Aaron Wilkerson
~traded Jonathan Lucroy & Jeremy Jeffress for Lewis Brinson, Luis Ortiz & Ryan Cordell
~traded Will Smith for Phil Bickford & Andrew Susac
~traded Tyler Thornburg for Mauricio Dubon, Travis Shaw, Josh Pennington & Yeison Coca
~traded Drew Gagnon & Martin Maldonado for Jett Bandy
~traded Damien Magnifico for Oliver Drake (basically)
~traded Garrett Cooper for Tyler Webb
~traded Ryan Cordell for Anthony Swarzak
~traded Tayler Scott for Jeremy Jeffress
~traded Eric Hanhold for Neil Walker
~traded Lewis Brinson, Monte Harrison, Isan Diaz & Jordan Yamamoto for Christian Yelich

and people doubt dah gawd

You inspired me:

3oOcsNM.gif

• Like 1

I had the thought, why not hang onto Santana?

A big deal was made about how we had team control of both Yelich and Cain for five years.  We don’t have to go “all in” this year.  Plus, if we move Braun to 1B (which seems more and more likely), we could use Santana in the OF.  

I think I’d rather keep Santana and let our young pitching (specifically Hader and Woodruff) develop.

Thoughts?

59 minutes ago, daintrain28 said:

A big deal was made about how we had team control of both Yelich and Cain for five years.  We don’t have to go “all in” this year.  Plus, if we move Braun to 1B (which seems more and more likely), we could use Santana in the OF.  

I think I’d rather keep Santana and let our young pitching (specifically Hader and Woodruff) develop.

Thoughts?

It's an option but the talk of Braun to 1st isn't a full time move.  The talk was about using him there against lefties.  Basically you run into the issue that you have too many guys and not enough ABs.  It can happen but with the signing of Cain along with the trade of Yelich it looks like they are making moves to win now and in the future so they need controllable pitching. 

3 hours ago, daintrain28 said:

Thoughts?

I'd rather move him for pitching. We've got options at 1B as is.