Training Camp

Rockice_8

5 hours ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'd be surprised if we aren't top 5 in passing yards allowed. Only thing that can save us is if our dline can get consistent pressure.

Kinda Greg Williams' thing anyways, usually his defenses give up yards but create turnovers due to the exotic blitzes. 

We desperately need Trumaine Johnson to be healthy and play well this year. I have faith that Roberts can be a solid CB and I like Poole. But after that its weak. Marcus Cooper was a decent depth signing, hopefully we can find some more depth. But honestly most of the CBs in the league are garbage, QBs tear up defenses nowadays. You need to be efficient on offense and score touchdowns. 

And Darnold may save Adam Gase's legacy. If Darnold turns into that elite QB, Gase is gonna look like that offensive genius again. Instead of the guy who was looked down on cause he was on teams with injuries at QB or garbage QBs and talent. 

Interesting that Fatukasi started, seems like he is playing real well. Graded like a beast in the first preseason game. The more guys on the DL playing well the better. And Luvu probably gonna be the starting OLB. 

Edited by NYJets4716

4 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Kinda Greg Williams' thing anyways, usually his defenses give up yards but create turnovers due to the exotic blitzes. 

We desperately need Trumaine Johnson to be healthy and play well this year. I have faith that Roberts can be a solid CB and I like Poole. But after that its weak. Marcus Cooper was a decent depth signing, hopefully we can find some more depth. But honestly most of the CBs in the league are garbage, QBs tear up defenses nowadays. You need to be efficient on offense and score touchdowns. 

And Darnold may save Adam Gase's legacy. If Darnold turns into that elite QB, Gase is gonna look like that offensive genius again. Instead of the guy who was looked down on cause he was on teams with injuries at QB or garbage QBs and talent. 

Interesting that Fatukasi started, seems like he is playing real well. Graded like a beast in the first preseason game. The more guys on the DL playing well the better. And Luvu probably gonna be the starting OLB. 

Williams at his press conference the other day said he likes a 50/50 split for his DLineman. So expect that. We won’t be seeing the same guys out there for most the snaps each game.

I made it to the game and missed the first drive. 

- I don't want to see Campbell at CB. Wr's were killing him. He got lucky the back QBs didn't target him all game. 

- Basham is really good. He beat the starters on the oline a few times. Would of had 2 sacks but Ryan dumped the ball right on time. 

- I felt bad for the kicker. The look on his face during warmups after missing the first kick was tough to look at. We all know he'll be gone. 

- I love Adams so much. Him, Poole, Maye, and other DBs were the energy on the sideline.  They went crazy when Brown made the big hit. 

- Fat might be the 34 NT I was hoping for. He plugged in gaps and opened things up for the line to blitz. 

- Kaufusi looked like the perfect rotation DE 

- Edoga didn't look comfortable at RT, but it might have been a surprise since Shell got hurt at Warmups and Ed played LT last week.  

- I want to see more Meander at CB. I'm not sure if he played.