The WR battle of 2019

gopherwrestler

I’d rather give Gordon a chance than Treadwell. Yet Treadwell is still on the roster and was given another chance despite not having the ability to be a NFL WR. 

I’m fine not making a move either, probably doesn’t fit the locker room culture of accountability, then again, we did sign Michael floyd a few years backs.

37 minutes ago, swede700 said:

They haven't yet, but they plan to do so.  And they just acquired Mohamed Sanu and N'Keal Harry is coming back...they have absolutely no need for Gordon.  

Right I forgot Harry is coming back. Still doesn't look good for Gordon if the Patriots traded a 2nd away for Sanu.

I thought I read something about the Patriots not releasing him until he'd have to clear waivers. Not sure if that's true but if that's the case we maybe wouldn't even have a chance at him

31 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Right I forgot Harry is coming back. Still doesn't look good for Gordon if the Patriots traded a 2nd away for Sanu.

I thought I read something about the Patriots not releasing him until he'd have to clear waivers. Not sure if that's true but if that's the case we maybe wouldn't even have a chance at him

Since they put him on IR, they will have to waive him to unload him.  

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

The Ringer suggests the Vikes trade for DaVonte Parker. Not sure I'd deal a CB for him......but that CB is just going to get suspended over and over anyway.....

I don’t see the point in trading for a WR at this stage. Johnson is surprising as a rookie and Thielen should only miss one game. Diggs seems happy again, or at the least, isn’t unhappy. Beebe and Doctson are also candidates to return at some point too. 

The only spot I’d look to move an asset is for some OL help but even then, there aren’t going to be many options that make sense over Reiff or Elflein, the two spots we could use some help at.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don’t see the point in trading for a WR at this stage. Johnson is surprising as a rookie and Thielen should only miss one game. Diggs seems happy again, or at the least, isn’t unhappy. Beebe and Doctson are also candidates to return at some point too. 

The only spot I’d look to move an asset is for some OL help but even then, there aren’t going to be many options that make sense over Reiff or Elflein, the two spots we could use some help at.

I'd be up for a really good DT or CB, not trading a CB away......I was just pointing out what the Ringer said. That said, having your number three WR be Parker would increase my confidence in this offense.....

43 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Beebe or Treadwell.

Who are you taking as the #4/#5 on this team?

Beebe, and it isn't even close. I understand why the Vikes brought Treadwell back, but he's a terrible receiver. Bebe is already better than Treadwell, and should only get better with experience.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Beebe without thinking twice about it. Plus he can return punts and get Hughes focused at CB.

Well he'll have to stay on the field. I worry that someone of his diminutive stature will always spend more time on the trainer's table than on the field.