The Irishman

MossyMoss

De Niro and Pacino haven't actually tried to act at all in the past 20 years and neither of them even care anymore.  Don't know if you can just flip a switch and get back to the top after 20 years of taking a paycheck. 

Pesci I'm more excited about than anything. 

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

De Niro and Pacino haven't actually tried to act at all in the past 20 years and neither of them even care anymore.  Don't know if you can just flip a switch and get back to the top after 20 years of taking a paycheck. 

Pesci I'm more excited about than anything. 

De Niro was fantastic in Joy and Silver Linings Playbook

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I tried figuring out what you’re talking about.  Not exactly sure I follow.

All the de-aging

used in reference to the phenomenon whereby a computer-generated figure or humanoid robot bearing a near-identical resemblance to a human being arouses a sense of unease or revulsion in the person viewing it.
"anyone attempting to build a believable human facsimile also has to beware of the uncanny valley"
  • Like 1

Just now, Malfatron said:

All the de-aging

used in reference to the phenomenon whereby a computer-generated figure or humanoid robot bearing a near-identical resemblance to a human being arouses a sense of unease or revulsion in the person viewing it.
"anyone attempting to build a believable human facsimile also has to beware of the uncanny valley"

I was reading it the other way thinking it caused a positive reaction.  Now it makes sense.  

De Niro looked like a robot.  It just doesn’t and I don’t think it ever will look real to me.

Felt the same about RDJ in that one scene.

12 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

De Niro was fantastic in Joy and Silver Linings Playbook

He was, especially Joy. Don't try to reason with haters, though. Pointless. 

I really loved DeNiro as Ben in The Intern, too. A really nuanced performance. Very cool. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I was reading it the other way thinking it caused a positive reaction.  Now it makes sense.  

De Niro looked like a robot.  It just doesn’t and I don’t think it ever will look real to me.

Felt the same about RDJ in that one scene.

How About Kurt Russell in GoTG2?

That was actually one of the better ones for me.

12 hours ago, Malfatron said:

How About Kurt Russell in GoTG2?

That was actually one of the better ones for me.

Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeifer in Antman & Wasp too but they’re all still very noticeable.  The de-aging  at the end of the trailer where Deniro is sitting at the table was pretty distracting.  Scorsese’s films are the kind that you can completely immerse yourself in. I’m concerned that it’s going to take me out of the movie the same way the CGI of Grand Moff Tarkin does in Rogue One