STAR TREK: Deep Space 9 Mafia (The Federation, Quark, and Morn wins!)

2 hours ago, The Orca said:

See this is close to ambiguous...but since I know you, I know it's a joke xD

See that’s funny because this actually wasn’t a joke. I’ve asked the BDL group several times to help me communicate with others better but they’d rather ridicule me for it

2 hours ago, Malfatron said:

also, sometimes you just need to correct people if they misinterpret.

players sometimes think im mad, when really, im amused (like the two times i was incorrectly accused of "scumslipping")

likewise, sometimes people say that Dome is defensive when...actually, Dome is defensive when hes mafia. Just try to refute that, @Dome

When I post at the beginning of the game, I am trying to be funny. When I directly appeal to the quote “what numbers are you looking at?” “Page 10.” I’m playing off what someone else was joking about. When I respond to an obvious joke and then refer back to the joke, I’m joking. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Whicker said:

See that’s funny because this actually wasn’t a joke. I’ve asked the BDL group several times to help me communicate with others better but they’d rather ridicule me for it

That sucks. Im probably not the best person to give advice on communication....but im always willing to help if I can

6 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

I actually like the vote for ksj

no reason to talk about his tells and being a target if he's good. wondering if he hoped that would help fly under the radar a bit. 

waste of investigations and whatnot on him. dont do it, just vote for him.

giphy.gif

VC

kingseanjohn - 4 - MWil23, Malfatron, Counselor, carl_sjunior

Matts - 2 - Glen, kingseanjohn

Tugboat - 2 - bcb1213, Dome

Dome - 1 - gopherwrestler

Orca - 1 - Whicker

gopherwrestler - 1 - Tugboat

rackcs - 1 - Orca

Whicker - 1 - pwny

SirA1 - 1 - Pickle Rick

carl_sjunior - 1 - Raves

Yet to Vote: theuntouchable, SirA1, Ragnarok, SwAg, rackcs, Forge, squire12, swoosh, VikeManDan, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI, Matts4313

11 minutes ago, The Orca said:

That sucks. Im probably not the best person to give advice on communication....but im always willing to help if I can

See now you understand part of my frustrations. I have a problem that makes me angry. I ask people how to solve that problem and they give me the cold shoulder and often exacerbate the situation. And that triggers me further because people that say they are my friend won’t take the time to help me in a spot where I feel I need legitimate help. And what am I asking for? I cannot fathom why this is such an arduous task for people. How am I supposed to get better if I don’t ask? How am I supposed to ask my real life friends or other people I know IRL to help me get better on the internet?

so it pisses me off. When people misinterpret me, I want to ask why. But when I ask why, I get ignored or ridiculed when I very clearly am very frustrated and becoming increasingly unstable at the situation and would really like some guidance so I might as well not even ask. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

I'm glad Tugboat was a comrade and opted to sign up.

Same.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Is Carl's Jr a name change of someone who has played before in here, or no? 

I believe he's called Hardee's in some parts of the United States.

28 minutes ago, Dome said:

So are we gonna ignore the Odo comments... or?

Yes.  I believe so.

5 minutes ago, Whicker said:

See now you understand part of my frustrations. I have a problem that makes me angry. I ask people how to solve that problem and they give me the cold shoulder and often exacerbate the situation. And that triggers me further because people that say they are my friend won’t take the time to help me in a spot where I feel I need legitimate help. And what am I asking for? I cannot fathom why this is such an arduous task for people. How am I supposed to get better if I don’t ask? How am I supposed to ask my real life friends or other people I know IRL to help me get better on the internet?

so it pisses me off. When people misinterpret me, I want to ask why. But when I ask why, I get ignored or ridiculed when I very clearly am very frustrated and becoming increasingly unstable at the situation and would really like some guidance so I might as well not even ask. 

Best thing I can suggest is read the post as an outside person would. Read it like they would, using as much the same knowledge they would have, assumptions, mind sets, inside info,  etc. If it matches up with how you meant the comment to be taken, then that is probably a good starting point