2020 Draft Thread

Forge

28 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

My personal faves on receivers round wise would be as follows... 

Rd 1) Laviska Shenault

Rd 2) Jalen Reagor

Rd 3) Tyler Johnson

Day 3) Donovan Peoples-Jones

Jauan Jennings

Lawrence Cager

I don't know enough about them just yet to rank them, but I think Justin Jefferson needs to be there. What I do know about him is that he's tall, smooth route runner, high IQ, and great hands. 

Also, I think if Tee Higgins falls to our pick, he may be the guy for me. 

It really is a shame we only have 1 pick in the first 2 days. :( I really like some of these WRs and DL. Claypool and Lamb are likely my fave WRs, while DLs are Epenesa and Anae. None are likely to be picked by us due to lack of picks and the worst spot in the draft. 31st absolutely sucks. >:( I would much rather be 32nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :$

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

It really is a shame we only have 1 pick in the first 2 days. :( I really like some of these WRs and DL. Claypool and Lamb are likely my fave WRs, while DLs are Epenesa and Anae. None are likely to be picked by us due to lack of picks and the worst spot in the draft. 31st absolutely sucks. >:( I would much rather be 32nd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :$

It sounds like Claypool is being asked to work out as a TE. I think that helps him to be more versatile, but could hurt his stock with teams that like things to be black and white. 

2 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Rd 1) Laviska Shenault

Rd 2) Jalen Reagor

Rd 3) Tyler Johnson

Jauan Jennings

Lawrence Cager

Shenault's injury history scares me a bit, I would almost put Aiyuk and Reagor in front of him at this point just because of the question marks. Shenault also apparently has small hands.....not sure how much this matters

4 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Shenault's injury history scares me a bit, I would almost put Aiyuk and Reagor in front of him at this point just because of the question marks. Shenault also apparently has small hands.....not sure how much this matters

Injuries are my only concern with him... He reminds me alot of Deebo honestly just with a little more thickness to him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NinerNation21 said:

I don't know enough about them just yet to rank them, but I think Justin Jefferson needs to be there. What I do know about him is that he's tall, smooth route runner, high IQ, and great hands. 

Also, I think if Tee Higgins falls to our pick, he may be the guy for me. 

I like both of those guys too, that was just my personal opinions atm. I have much more to see too, and highlight reels are all I really have to go off of for most of them too. Cager like Claypool may be moved to TE. I almost mentioned it in my post.

3 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Injuries are my only concern with him... He reminds me alot of Deebo honestly just with a little more thickness to him.

I agree, it would create an even more dynamic offense having him and Deebo on the field at the same time. Our WR core, if healthy, would be looking very exciting to watch with Deebo, Shenault, Taylor, Hurd, Bourne, Pettis and potentially Sanders. I would still like a larger 6-3/6-4 red-zone WR, just because that is something we dont posses outside of unproven Hurd.

But a lot of potential existing on the WR core if it ended up this way.

10 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I like both of those guys too, that was just my personal opinions atm. I have much more to see too, and highlight reels are all I really have to go off of for most of them too. Cager like Claypool may be moved to TE. I almost mentioned it in my post.

I blame my lack of knowledge and excitement for the draft this year on not having a high draft pick, focusing more on the playoffs than the draft, not having much draft capital in the first 100 picks, not having any glaring holes to fill like previous seasons, and baseball being right around the corner.

I've never been more disconnected and disinterested in draft studying than I am this year. 

• Like 1

I would like a different type of WR than Shenault just because Deebo/Hurd can do a lot of the things he can. Reagor would be a better fit opposite of Deebo going forward. Solid chance though that we pass on WR in round one and just re-sign Sanders and go with the same crew. Hope Hurd/Taylor can get healthy and that Pettis improves from a terrible season. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

I would welcome him at TE. I am an equal positional-tunity draftnik. 

I'm all for versatility. I think he's more in the mold of what everyone thought Hurd was going to be when the Niners drafted him last year. Hurd was never going to be a WR/TE. Claypool seems like he could be that and do pretty well. Maybe a larger Delanie Walker?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I would like a different type of WR than Shenault just because Deebo/Hurd can do a lot of the things he can. Reagor would be a better fit opposite of Deebo going forward. Solid chance though that we pass on WR in round one and just re-sign Sanders and go with the same crew. Hope Hurd/Taylor can get healthy and that Pettis improves from a terrible season. 

Yeah, Reagor would be my pick at this point, have our poor mans version Tyreek Hill. But we def need that speed that he brings

6 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Rd 1) Laviska Shenault

Rd 2) Jalen Reagor

Rd 3) Tyler Johnson

Jauan Jennings

Lawrence Cager

I dont see Reagor making it out of the first. Especially if he runs 4.3 or under. He has the versatility that teams covet to go along with legit WR skills. 

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mentioned this almost verbatim a couple of months ago when Shenault was first brought up in this thread.