2020 Draft Thread

Forge

:o Claypool ran a 4.43 and some say it didn't translate on the field....¬¬  I don't know what you have been watching, but it ain't Claypool. I haven't even watched much of Notre Dame at all this season and he popped out to me on the very limited time I watched. o.O

I shall be watching to see where he goes in the draft. It would be very nice if it could be Santa Clara. 

Mims? He teased in the little I watched him, but never seemed to dominate a game. Of course, I am a Sooner fan, so Crimson and Cream glasses there...

Aiyuk is intriguing and Reagor's run is very disappointing. 

Edited by Chrissooner49er
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

:o Claypool ran a 4.43 and some say it didn't translate on the field....¬¬  I don't know what you have been watching, but it ain't Claypool. I haven't even watched much of Notre Dame at all this season and he popped out to me on the very limited time I watched. o.O

I shall be watching to see where he goes in the draft. It would be very nice if it could be Santa Clara. 

Mims? He teased in the little I watched him, but never seemed to dominate a game. Of course, I am a Sooner fan, so Crimson and Cream glasses there...

Aiyuk is intriguing and Reagor's run is very disappointing. 

I watched Claypool a ton and that speed is not evident from his tape. There's a reason ALOT of ppl were wowed by his time. You don't get that reaction unless ppl aren't predicting you to run it. 

I thought 4.55 would have been solid. I thought 4.5 flat would have been fantastic for him. But 4.42 I didn't see coming. I thought him and Golden-Gandy would run very similar times. Their tape and game speed looked very similar to me. 

9 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I wonder if Reagor's stock takes a huge drop. His tape is fantastic but he didn't test to the uber athlete he was made to be. I still like him a ton but he couldn't have had a worst outing. 

Wasn't he one of the WRs who boasted they would be around 4.3 in their 40 time? I thought I read that, but I could be mistaken. 

12 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I wonder if Reagor's stock takes a huge drop. His tape is fantastic but he didn't test to the uber athlete he was made to be. I still like him a ton but he couldn't have had a worst outing. 

Posted this yesterday but he tested just fine. 40 and 3 cone weren't the greatest but he is definitely a top athlete. I don't think his stock drops at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Wasn't he one of the WRs who boasted they would be around 4.3 in their 40 time? I thought I read that, but I could be mistaken. 

Yup...and his tape suggested that he could. He was being labeled a poor man's Tyreek Hill. 

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

Yup...and his tape suggested that he could. He was being labeled a poor man's Tyreek Hill. 

Cannot stand Hill. The guy makes me ill. 

I prefer the idea of 'put up or shut up'. To say you'll run under a 4.3 and then get closer to a 4.5? Not a good look to me. That isn't a slow time, but it wasn't what he boasted. Of course, his Pro Day will be a LOT closer to what he said, because it is the Pro Day and not the Combine. ¬¬

I still think Reagor is talented and will be very good, but I hope this is used as a humbling/learning experience.

After watching him at the combine and digging into more highlights, Denzel Mims looks like a SOLID WR. Apparently, after his combine performance, some think he will get into the backend of the 1st round, would love to give him a look if he falls AFTER we trade out of our 1st rounder.

3 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Posted this yesterday but he tested just fine. 40 and 3 cone weren't the greatest but he is definitely a top athlete. I don't think his stock drops at all. 

I think it's more likely he goes in the second round than the first, but he was always a tweener in that regard. If he went in the first, it was always going to be at the late first, so it's probably pretty flat. 

17 hours ago, Aussie9er said:

Kinda of hard to get that interested in this draft combine due to our lack of picks. 

I'm guessing this has been the explanation for me. First Combine in.. as many years as I can remember.. where I'm not even bothering with live coverage.. despite being able to. 

Just can't bring myself to do it. :/ 

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be awesome if a story came out about how the Patriots when interviewing a nfl hopeful at the combine. They asked about his questionable behavior and legal troubles and he just said i feel the patriots would be a perfect fit with me due to all your questionable behavior over the years, Spygate, Deflategate, Taping the bengals, Kraft and the hooker do i need to go on.