2020 Draft Thread

Forge

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Shenault just shot up our draft board. 

He's hurt

Although I think he has talent he's too close to Deebo and Hurd for us to draft him where we would have to. For Deebo to stay in his same role next yr(X-factor) we will need a wr closer to Sanders or Pettis(I know lol) skill set opposite him.

3 hours ago, sherm said:

Although I think he has talent he's too close to Deebo and Hurd for us to draft him where we would have to. For Deebo to stay in his same role next yr(X-factor) we will need a wr closer to Sanders or Pettis(I know lol) skill set opposite him.

I like Justin Jefferson, I think we could move back to early second round and still grab him.

I think he'd be a nice complement to what we have already and he's a weapon in the red zone.

• Like 1

What drills brought Jeudy down? 

Reagor despite the 40 time is still super explosive. 

Glad my guy Pittman tested well. I'm not going to count down him as an target if we trade down.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Man, if epenesa is there at 31, I'd be damn tempted

He's not going to win much from the edge I don't think. His best work will come from moving inside, kind of like Armstead. Can play edge and be effective stopping the run though. 

24 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

He's not going to win much from the edge I don't think. His best work will come from moving inside, kind of like Armstead. Can play edge and be effective stopping the run though. 

That's actually what I was thinking lol. His combine definitely isn't ideal, but his tape is also good. A few years ago I was pretty high on Yannick because I liked the tape, the opponents he won against, etc. I have a slightly similar feel with Epenesa. I can't quite quit him with a subpar combine. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

That's actually what I was thinking lol. His combine definitely isn't ideal, but his tape is also good. A few years ago I was pretty high on Yannick because I liked the tape, the opponents he won against, etc. I have a slightly similar feel with Epenesa. I can't quite quit him with a subpar combine. 

Would be a pretty dang good replacement for Armstead imo. I think he could step into his role right away if we let him walk or trade him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Forge said:

His vert is probably the biggest thing, and his shuttle wasn't great either, particularly for his weight. 

Actually, I'm curious as to why Lamb had such a high score. I would have figured that his would be more in line with Jeudy's, to be honest. So now I'm curious. Lamb didn't run the shuttle, similar weight to Jeudy, but had a slower 40 and lower vert. He had a better broad jump, but a 4 inch difference can't be that big of a deal. 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't mind that pick, especially if we plan on using him inside on nickel downs. But I really want to improve the interior OL and there are some good ones in the draft. Maybe we can get those by trading down and accumulating some mid-round picks.

But I'll wait to see how we attack free agency first. If we re-sign Sanders, then WR doesn't become that big of a need. 

Still firmly on the Dugger bandwagon. That dude is legit. From the Senior Bowl to the Combine, he's been money.

Danztler's 40 proved excatly what I had suspected....

Robinson II from should be getting more love...

Had no idea who Reid from Penn State was before today but i definitely do now...

and Muse surprised me. I didn't think he was good in coverage from a technical and instinctual standpoint but a guy his size that can move like that will make me go back and watch some film.

Edited by 757-NINER

Trevor Sikkema proposed this trade down in his latest mock draft: 

Dolphins receive: #31

49ers receive: 56, 70, 165

Thoughts? 56 is lower than I'd prefer, but high 3rd rounder with a 5th rounder thrown in there. Again, I would first have to see who is available and would like the team to take someone they have rated higher than the #31 slot. But not terrible compensation if this is the trade.