Raiders officially release Antonio Brown

Steelersfan43

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

His agent would have had to be involved when it comes to the contract, so this doesn't add up. Unless we're saying Drew Rosenhause didn't communicate it to his client.

Right? That's what I'm saying. There is no way AB or his agent thought even for a second that Half *** apology was somehow going to void the fine and guaranteed money thing the entire world knew was coming.

Just now, footbull3196 said:

I mean I dont mind backing it up with statements that Ben made last year if thats what you had in mind

I know what comments he made.    

He has a big mouth.    Thats why I get annoyed.

Claiming that is what caused the issues when AB was a problem BEFORE that and now with a completely different team is pretty silly.

If AB wasnt a complete sociopath, he wouldve just confronted Ben behind the scenes and requested a trade without making a spectacle.

I dont care if you dislike Ben or want to claim he helped fuel the fire, but its rather embarrassing to claim Ben is/was the biggest issue, especially when you have no proof except a few stupid comments he made...none of which would make a sane player react the way AB did.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Ben had enough of the attitude that Brown had with the team .... I mean, do not think Ben said that just because of the end of the game in Denver ... A lot of things we know and we do not know yet is happen with Brown since several years.

You think Antonio Brown is the only person Ben has ever called out?  Ben thinks he is above any sort of criticism and can do and say whatever he wants. I have no idea why people act like Roethlisberger doesnt deserve blame for how that situation unfolded in Pittsburgh.  Everything that's happened since then doesn't mean that Ben deserves to be off the hook for his role in the deterioration of the relationship between him and Brown

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

You've looked insane in this thread too.

No, you just happen to disagree with my opinion lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I know what comments he made.    

He has a big mouth.    Thats why I get annoyed.

Claiming that is what caused the issues when AB was a problem BEFORE that and now with a completely different team is pretty silly.

If AB wasnt a complete sociopath, he wouldve just confronted Ben behind the scenes and requested a trade without making a spectacle.

I dont care if you dislike Ben or want to claim he helped fuel the fire, but its rather embarrassing to claim Ben is/was the biggest issue, especially when you have no proof except a few stupid comments he made...none of which would make a sane player react the way AB did.

Your analysis of the situation is fair with the exception of the bolded line.  If I'm Antonio Brown, how can I have a conversation man-to-man with someone that I don't trust or respect whatsoever?

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

You think Antonio Brown is the only person Ben has ever called out?  Ben thinks he is above any sort of criticism and can do and say whatever he wants. I have no idea why people act like Roethlisberger doesnt deserve blame for how that situation unfolded in Pittsburgh.  Everything that's happened since then doesn't mean that Ben deserves to be off the hook for his role in the deterioration of the relationship between him and Brown

Most tend to disagree with insane opinions.

Just now, footbull3196 said:

It happened to James Washington last year and he took it like a man.

No, Ben is not perfect, but to say that Ben deserves blame in AB's situation and that he was a bad teammate, that's ridiculous...Even James Harrison who was a teammate with Ben for 13 seasons said that Ben was a good teammate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

Yes, he has been called out....even though some of those people who called him out are hypocrites (James Harrison and Hines Ward, specifically).

No one ever had the issues AB did, or came close to reacting that way.     

And no one is giving Ben a pass.   Just because people dont agree with your ridiculous take on the situation when you have absolutely nothing to support your nonsense about Ben being the main problem doesnt mean Ben gets a complete pass.  He helped fuel a fire that was already on its way to getting out of control.

Just now, Steelersfan43 said:

No, Ben is not perfect, but to say that Ben deserves blame in AB's situation and that he was a bad teammate, that's ridiculous...Even James Harrison who was a teammate with Ben for 13 seasons said that Ben was a good teammate.

What he supposed to do?? He's a rookie.

The ONLY player in the league who does that....do you see Brady calling out a receiver like that? Like...how can you even think this is a good thing? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Your analysis of the situation is fair with the exception of the bolded line.  If I'm Antonio Brown, how can I have a conversation man-to-man with someone that I don't trust or respect whatsoever?

Brown deserves no respect for his behavior he has had in recent years..He needs to realize that being in the NFL is an honor and you do not have to take that for granted

3 minutes ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Do you really think you can give an established 10 year veteran the same sort of criticism that you can give to an NFL rookie that doesn't know what theyre doing?   That should tell you everything you need to know about Ben's leadership traits right there

Edited by footbull3196

4 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Fine....request a trade....move on...go to a new team and make Ben look like the real problem...

He had that chance....he botched it in every way imaginable.  

2 minutes ago, evilpimp972 said:

What he supposed to do?? He's a rookie.

The ONLY player in the league who does that....do you see Brady calling out a receiver like that? Like...how can you even think this is a good thing? 

Washington thanked Ben after..The goal in that was that Washington be a better player ... Ben did that with Martavis Bryant before the playoffs in 2015 too.