Raiders officially release Antonio Brown

Steelersfan43

4 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Everyone does realize that Brown has technically won at this point,  right? This is just a continuance of his crazy act that got him out of Pittsburgh.

He was not a free agent and was forced to deal with the Raiders.

Now he can pick any team he wants and have the 4 or 5 crazy teams bid against each other. He only had the Raiders last time.

All he really needs is the Redskins to continue to be the morons that they have been for 25 years.

Ask Yannick Ngakoue and Melvin Gordon if they would rather be a free agent right now.

I don't see teams bidding big on him though. I'd be worried to sign him for more than 1 year. 

3 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

It’s just that I know Steelers fans are gonna use this as an excuse to say “look what AB is doing, this guy was the problem the whole time”.  Ben was still the entire root of the problem in Pittsburgh whether they would like to admit it or not

Haha...youre utterly clueless.   But by all means, keep making stupid comments you cant even begin to back up with any actual facts.

And before you call me a Ben homer...I dont even like Ben much either.   But calling him a garbage human and the root of the problem just makes you look like a fool.

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, showtime said:

The report is, Antonio Brown apologized to the team and did what they asked him to do, so he thought he was done with it and everything was good.  After all of that, they then gave him a letter saying that he would be fined and he wouldn't get his guaranteed money.  That's when Brown asked for his release.  I've heard several people on NFL Network say that the Raiders handled that poorly because they should have told him everything up front.  I agree with that assessment. 

You'd be in the minority. Your constant standing up for AB is baffling.

Just now, Bullet Club said:

You'd be in the minority. Your constant standing up for AB is baffling.

He's not standing up for him.  He's just echoing all of our sentiments that the Raiders are the worst run organization in the league by a mile and I agree with him.  AB obviously burned his own bridge here, but the Raiders come off as having no idea what they are doing and making it up as they go.  It's not hard to see why

Just now, footbull3196 said:

I mean I dont mind backing it up with statements that Ben made last year if thats what you had in mind

Ben had enough of the attitude that Brown had with the team .... I mean, do not think Ben said that just because of the end of the game in Denver ... A lot of things we know and we do not know yet is happen with Brown since several years.

1 hour ago, showtime said:

The report is, Antonio Brown apologized to the team and did what they asked him to do, so he thought he was done with it and everything was good.  After all of that, they then gave him a letter saying that he would be fined and he wouldn't get his guaranteed money.  That's when Brown asked for his release.  I've heard several people on NFL Network say that the Raiders handled that poorly because they should have told him everything up front.  I agree with that assessment. 

His agent would have had to be involved when it comes to the contract, so this doesn't add up. Unless we're saying Drew Rosenhause didn't communicate it to his client.

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

He's not standing up for him.  He's just echoing all of our sentiments that the Raiders are the worst run organization in the league by a mile and I agree with him.  AB obviously burned his own bridge here, but the Raiders come off as having no idea what they are doing and making it up as they go.  It's not hard to see why

You've looked insane in this thread too.

• Like 2