All things Antonio Brown: from Helmet to Feet

Silver&Black88

I don't see how you can trust this guy. You can't risk 30 million with the distraction he has been thus far, you just can't. It won't end when he gets paid, it will only get worse. 

Right now, AB and Drew are trying to resolve this to make sure he they get their money. The Raiders cannot be stupid enough to give it to him.

The trash took itself out on this one. They got a get out of jail free card. For the love of god take it.

It'd be one thing if this team was a contender. Their not, so they don't need this distraction. They let him play.......guarantee this will all come to a head by week 10 and he'll be forcing his way out with a bag of cash.

• Like 8

Exactly. We get out of this mess with losing only a 3rd round pick. That sucks, but not the end of the world at all. Get the money back, get the cap space back, send a message to the team and the league that the Raiders culture is changing in the right direction.

AB has never been on a losing team. This will be a losing team. When he secures his money and we are losing games this won't let up. He is a disaster before game 1. Drew and AB may backtrack to try and get his money but we have to be smarter. It's not every day you get to correct a mistake like this. 

And I am one who was very happy we traded for AB. I thought he would be on best behavior when he got what he wanted--new team, huge contract. But you cannot rationalize with the irrational. 

We are a 7 or 8 win team with him, and a 6 or 7 win team without him. The locker room and cap space (and sanity for Raider Nation) is worth more than that 1 win in a throwaway season.

Thank God the Bears lost last night.

Edited by justwinbaby81
  • Like 4

Think back to Javon Walker and when he tried to retire and give all his ludacros money back, and Al talked him into staying. He did nothing for us, and wasnt the cancer AB has turned out to already be.

Dont you think if we could go back we would have made the right move and let Javon Walker leave? Time to make the right move.

I am a firm believer of the 'Just Win Baby' mantra. I expect the Raiders to suspend AB for week 1. Giving them the freedom to cut him with no dead money at anytime moving forward Use this as his "Final Warning". He goes off again? Cut him and save yourself 30M. He falls in line plays 15 games? Great! He will be a top 5 WR.

Also say we do cut AB (for me it is doubtful and highly unlikely and against what I would do) prior to trading for AB, I was shouting for Tyrell to our #1 WR. I think he is legit #1 WR in the NFL with him, Nelson, Grant, Renefrow & I expect Doss to come back. Our WRs will still be loads better then last year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I am a firm believer of the 'Just Win Baby' mantra. I expect the Raiders to suspend AB for week 1. Giving them the freedom to cut him with no dead money at anytime moving forward Use this as his "Final Warning". He goes off again? Cut him and save yourself 30M. He falls in line plays 15 games? Great! He will be a top 5 WR.

Also say we do cut AB (for me it is doubtful and highly unlikely and against what I would do) prior to trading for AB, I was shouting for Tyrell to our #1 WR. I think he is legit #1 WR in the NFL with him, Nelson, Grant, Renefrow & I expect Doss to come back. Our WRs will still be loads better then last year.

Yeah this is what probably happens. If they suspend him AB goes off anyway 

If I'm the Raiders and stupid enough to bring him back, I re-work the contract with Drew that protects them from his eventual blow up.

Can someone explain the ramifications here? At what point is his money guaranteed? How can they play this out and protect their money right now?

If hes on the active Roster late Saturday night his salary this year is fully guaranteed.

def felt like there was no way he would be on the team yesterday. Now it seems like he will be back. I would have to assume a public apology would be needed. 

Edited by agarcia34

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If I'm the Raiders and stupid enough to bring him back, I re-work the contract with Drew that protects them from his eventual blow up.

Can someone explain the ramifications here? At what point is his money guaranteed? How can they play this out and protect their money right now?

So its two different things.

His base salary for this year is guaranteed if he is on the active roster week 1. 

The 30M worth of guarantees over the next 2 years could be void, at the Raiders discretion, if he gets suspended for conduct detrimental to the team.

So technically it's already in his contract if we suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team his guarantees are void.

Edited by OG_C2X
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

I think the way to say it is COULD be voided. I think it depend on the contract language.

Could be voided. Correct, but its at the raiders discretion  

Fixed the OP.

Edited by OG_C2X

1 minute ago, OG_C2X said:

Could be voided. Correct, but its at the raiders discretion  

Fixed the OP.

Yeah that would also be in the contract language and I don't think we have heard that for sure. It could well say a portion is recoverable or only on certain terms. There has been no official word on that. Just people speculating on what could happen.

32 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If hes on the active Roster late Saturday night his salary this year is fully guaranteed.

def felt like there was no way he would be on the team yesterday. Now it seems like he will be back. I would have to assume a public apology would be needed. 

Agreed. He must stand out there and apologize to mayock and his teammates.

3 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Truth is, it seems like the raiders are buying into Gruden and that we have a solid locker room, at least for right now. 

That's one more reason to get rid of AB right now. He didn't play a second of preseason, he missed most of TC, he wasn't even coming out to warm up with the rest of the team when he was practicing. Like Mayock said, there were "89 players busting their tails" throughout the summer while AB was only caring about himself and his stupid helmet. Focus on the guys who are working and get rid of the headache.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

If he apologizes it will be flippant and with a smile on his face half the time and done just to get his guaranteed money squared away.

Right. And everyone knows it. A fake apology does nothing. He didnt show up to facility after the incident and only now that he stands to lose 30M would he care (he may not care still, it may just be Drew--who cares a lot!). I'd rather see no apology honestly. 

Edited by justwinbaby81
  • Like 1