Daniel Jones is looking better than Haskins

Vladimir L

1 minute ago, Steelersfan43 said:

Yes, especially since one of the posters does not see Peterman wearing the #2

He changed his number in Oakland. He didn't want to be associated with his old number.

Just as Dwayne Haskins will change his number to #9 when he becomes the Giants backup in 3 years.

I'm sure if Daniel Jones had looked horrendous in these two preseason games this thread would be full of nuanced, well-balanced takes about how preseason results don't mean anything and not "LOl DaNIel JOnEs sucks the giaNTS ArE idioTs" posts. 

I thought the pick was a reach when it was made. I'll be the first one to admit it. But he has done well so far, which is especially impressive considering he's doing it in the face of the immense criticism people (including myself) threw at him before he even took a snap in practice. It's way way way too early to draw any conclusions, but it's nice to see him come in and play well. 

@Gmen has been the one dude (at least that I've seen) banging the drum for Daniel Jones since he was drafted. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

We’ll all fail tbh. Plus you’ll find horse tranquilizer on ET. 

No we wouldn't... ummm actually give me a week lol

42 minutes ago, NYGiantsman10 said:

I'm sure if Daniel Jones had looked horrendous in these two preseason games this thread would be full of nuanced, well-balanced takes about how preseason results don't mean anything and not "LOl DaNIel JOnEs sucks the giaNTS ArE idioTs" posts. 

I thought the pick was a reach when it was made. I'll be the first one to admit it. But he has done well so far, which is especially impressive considering he's doing it in the face of the immense criticism people (including myself) threw at him before he even took a snap in practice. It's way way way too early to draw any conclusions, but it's nice to see him come in and play well. 

@Gmen has been the one dude (at least that I've seen) banging the drum for Daniel Jones since he was drafted. 

Well if Daniel Jones looked horrendous then it would mean he was verifying the already established perception of him.  Weak arm, wasn't able to dominate even against lesser competition, but experienced and able to read what's in front of him.  Instead Jones has shown a stronger arm than expected, though still limited, but good enough to work within an offense that doesn't require a lot of downfield throws.  For Haskins he's pretty much lived up to his expectations.  Inexperienced so will make mistakes due to it until he gets more experience but all the arm talent you want in a franchise QB.  So Jones exceeded his very low expectations and Haskins has at worst met them.  Just how it is.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Raves said:

Well if Daniel Jones looked horrendous then it would mean he was verifying the already established perception of him.  Weak arm, wasn't able to dominate even against lesser competition, but experienced and able to read what's in front of him.  Instead Jones has shown a stronger arm than expected, though still limited, but good enough to work within an offense that doesn't require a lot of downfield throws.  

Daniel Jones’ big arm strength: How Giants figured it out before NFL Draft as others catching on now

Giants' Golden Tate: Daniel Jones has a 'super, super strong arm'

“I’ve seen a lot of different quarterbacks but he has one of the better arms I’ve seen,” Shepard said. “That wasn’t talked about enough coming out, his ability to make all the throws. Being a Duke guy, being in the system he was in, kind of dinking it off to different people, he never was able to really show off his skillset as far as the power in his arm, but he throws a really really good ball. He has a strong arm.”

Clearly some people still haven’t caught on. Preconceived notions are tough to get rid of, I get it. 

Edited by Gmen
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gmen said:

Daniel Jones’ big arm strength: How Giants figured it out before NFL Draft as others catching on now

Clearly some people still haven’t caught on. Preconceived notions are tough to get rid of, I get it. 

Like I said, that was the perception of everyone going into the draft.  It's better than expected, but I still dont think it's elite and tehre are definitely a lot of throws he can't make that Haskins can make, or even Dak can make.  Jones will be able to be similar to Dak IMO, take it however you will.  I think Haskins can end up with a similar legacy as Favre.  The Giants are in a great position if they surround Jones with the needed talent, but if the running game and/or defense are lacking, they're going to struggle, a lot..

4 minutes ago, Raves said:

Like I said, that was the perception of everyone going into the draft.  It's better than expected, but I still dont think it's elite and tehre are definitely a lot of throws he can't make that Haskins can make, or even Dak can make.  Jones will be able to be similar to Dak IMO, take it however you will.  I think Haskins can end up with a similar legacy as Favre.  The Giants are in a great position if they surround Jones with the needed talent, but if the running game and/or defense are lacking, they're going to struggle, a lot..

There’s not a single correct sentence in this post.

• Like 1

"Talent-wise, the guys got a super, super strong arm"

- Golden Tate, 9 year NFL receiver

"I’ve seen a lot of different quarterbacks but he has one of the better arms I’ve seen. That wasn’t talked about enough coming out, his ability to make all the throws. Being a Duke guy, being in the system he was in, kind of dinking it off to different people, he never was able to really show off his skillset as far as the power in his arm, but he throws a really really good ball. He has a strong arm."

- Russell Sheppard, 6 year NFL receiver

" tehre are definitely a lot of throws he can't make"

- Raves, 10 year internet poster

Meh, you can't impress them all I guess.

Edited by Gmen

35 minutes ago, Gmen said:

- Golden Tate, 9 year NFL receiver

- Russell Sheppard, 6 year NFL receiver

- Raves, 10 year internet poster

Meh, you can't impress them all I guess.

Golden Tate - Lying because he was asked a question about a teammate. Unless he's going to say Wilson is a godlike arm and Stafford is beyond Godlike.

Sheppard - Dude prolly doesn't know any better.  Jones doesnt' have a better arm than Brees end of a season.

Raves - You're underselling his time as an internet poster, but he sounds very smart.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gmen said:

There’s not a single correct sentence in this post.

So you're saying Jones will be worse than Dak and Haskins will be better than Favre... So we have a Leaf type pre-season and a Brady-esque career... let's go!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Raves said:

Well if Daniel Jones looked horrendous then it would mean he was verifying the already established perception of him.  Weak arm, wasn't able to dominate even against lesser competition, but experienced and able to read what's in front of him.  Instead Jones has shown a stronger arm than expected, though still limited, but good enough to work within an offense that doesn't require a lot of downfield throws.  For Haskins he's pretty much lived up to his expectations.  Inexperienced so will make mistakes due to it until he gets more experience but all the arm talent you want in a franchise QB.  So Jones exceeded his very low expectations and Haskins has at worst met them.  Just how it is.

To be fair he did have 2 awful fumbles.

• They did not hurt the Giants much because the Bears did not show up to play (literally all starters were benched)

Taken as a whole Kyle Loletta has performed better overall this preseason.

• None of us are seriously calling for Loletta over Jones as the number 2 because preseason.
  • Maybe the Giants unlocked Loletta's seekrit potential as well!
  • Maybe they waited all this time to unlock Eli's true potential which is why he is a perfect 100% completions this preseason.

Throwing a 42 yards in the air pass is not an indication of a strong NFL arm.

• The fact that he does not have a rocket arm like Josh Allen is just part of the picture.
    • He was also a pretty bad college QB, so there's that.
    • Allen does have a rocket arm so they drafted him as a bad college QB who is a blue chip NFL project.
  • His main selling point was that he was taught by the guy who taught Heath Shuler, Thaddeus Lewis, and some Mannings.
    • I think the Manning DNA may have been more important than the coaching.
Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Gmen said:

Trust your eyes. Invest in Daniel Jones on the ground floor. It’ll be too late to buy when his stock is through the roof. You have an opportunity to buy shares of Netflix stock at $50 here, and you want to wait? 

I'm buying it now along with co-preseason MVP Nate Peterman stock. Then I'm gonna sell that sucker right before they play a regular season game. That's how it's done, son.

Netflix stock has been plummeting btw 😉

• Like 4