2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

High ankle sprain could be an IR injury, those can take awhile to get right and we don't NEED ESB today. If it's close, I suspect that's the move.

Keep: Adams, Allison, MVS, Davis, Kumerow, Shepherd

Then have ESB ready to take a spot midseason form the guy who has the least impact.

Or the even more likely scenario given our recent history at the position....trade places with the one who gets injured between Weeks 1 and 8

• Like 1

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Or the even more likely scenario given our recent history at the position....trade places with the one who gets injured between Weeks 1 and 8

god aint that the truth.......

also, RIP JMon, he dun

Edited by HeresAGuy

Just now, packfanfb said:
6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

High ankle sprain could be an IR injury, those can take awhile to get right and we don't NEED ESB today. If it's close, I suspect that's the move.

Keep: Adams, Allison, MVS, Davis, Kumerow, Shepherd

Then have ESB ready to take a spot midseason form the guy who has the least impact.

High ankle, MCL, meniscus would all be options for IR to start and then return after the 8 weeks if there are not other more important players in that situation.  EQ would need to be on the initial 53 in order to do the IR with option to return later in the season.  

8 hours ago, MrBobGray said:

My favorite things about these threads is that if all goes to plan none of these guys will see the field regularly anyway.  No one is taking snaps away from the Adams/Allison/MVS trio, so this is just endless fighting about who our reserves will be when someone needs a breather or gets injured.  Whether Kumerow, Davis, Janis, Antonio Freeman or the reincarnated corpse of Don Hutson, it's a lot of sound and fury signifying nothing.

Since you went there...

Reincarnated corpse of Don Hutson>>>>Kumerow>>>>>corpse of Don Hutson  for the seventh and final roster spot.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:19 PM, Cheech said:

Interesting... I didn't think Lazard's RAS would be that high.

I'm gonna compare him to a totally different body type, Nick Perry. Both have athletic features, but aren't complete athletes. Lazard is long, smooth and quick twitch explosive with top tier leaping ability. But, he's not fast or quick, and that kinda jumps out at me.

Edited by Donzo
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 1:16 PM, Donzo said:

These are the percentage we came up for the chances of each receiver earning roster spots. The 1st percentage is with 7-WRs, the 2nd percentage is with 6-WRs:

Davante Adams: 100%  100% 
Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 100%  100% 

Geronimo Allison 95%  90%
Equanimeous St. Brown 95%  90%

Trevor Davis 80%  70%

J'Mon Moore 80%  60%

Jake Kumerow 70%  50%

Darrius Shepherd 40% 20%
Allen Lazard  40% 20%

Who says preseason games are meaningless. Last nights' game impacted the WR situation pretty good.

We don't know the status of ESB. The vibe is he's going to the IR, but we don't know. The obvious big changes are Davises' stock is way up, it has become clear to this Moore supporter his roster spot is in trouble. He's clearly 3rd team right now behind Shep and Lazard and ESB very well could be going to the IR, which isn't so bad to me. The Packers can IR him after putting him on the original 53 or stash him until next year when he can take over Allison's roster spot.

This is a fluid situation, lots of unknown variables. But, if I had to update the odds right know,  knowing what we know this Friday morning, this how I see it:

Equanimeous St. Brown: IR

Davante Adams: 100%  100% 
Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 100%  100% 
Geronimo Allison 100%  100%

Trevor Davis 100%  90%

Jake Kumerow 90%  80%

Darrius Shepherd 80% 60%
J'Mon Moore 70%  35%

Allen Lazard  60% 35%
Edited by Donzo
  • Like 1

Moore is the new Spriggs. An absolute pile of trash football player with no chance of success that people like because they saw some athletic traits. 

Football is between the ears as much as it is in the body. It takes both.

Moore does not have NFL football aptitude. 

Man, I'd really love it for Davis to have a strong season.  It was a little embarrassing to see how he fell down after getting tackled.  He's no David Boston, but he sure is quick, and I'd love to see LaFleur use that instead of keep him in the dog house all seasons long. 

Just now, boratt said:

Moore is the new Spriggs. An absolute pile of trash football player with no chance of success that people like because they saw some athletic traits. 

Football is between the ears as much as it is in the body. It takes both.

Moore does not have NFL football aptitude. 

But he's a fourth round pick and MVS, a top 100 rookie season all-time, was only a 5th or 6th round pick and surely will do nothing ever. 

• Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

But he's a fourth round pick and MVS, a top 100 rookie season all-time, was only a 5th or 6th round pick and surely will do nothing ever. 

Same reason Spriggs was gonna unseat Bakh while Bakh was an ascending all pro left tackle and Spriggs was drooling while he tried to tie his shoe. Ok, packer fans. Ok. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Probably 85% of us on here love MVS, stop pretending you're the only one who does so you can make a post two years from now when he's good that you were the only one who saw it.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Probably 85% of us on here love MVS, stop pretending you're the only one who does so you can make a post two years from now when he's good that you were the only one who saw it.

FF does love MVS. I’m in full agreement on that. I also am a huge MVS fan. It’s just weird how so many think Moore is a player. That shocks me. 

Edited by boratt