2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

5 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Rapsheet says 4-6 week injury, very interesting decision to make for Gute. 

Keep 6 WRs. Adams/MVS/Allison/Kumerow/Davis/ESB. Shepherd to PS. Then put ESB on IR immediately, and bring Shepherd up from the PS.

It keeps that vibe going that undrafted players have a good shot to make the team in GB.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

12 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's really no decision to make.  He's making the 53 man roster.

I think you still IR without a doubt (after he's on the 53 for a day of course, not before). "4-6 weeks" in Green Bay is equal to about 7-8 weeks which falls squarely within the time we could bring him back off IR. 

Edited by packfanfb

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I think you still IR without a doubt. "4-6 weeks" in Green Bay is equal to about 7-8 weeks which falls squarely within the time we could bring him back off IR. 

Still have the same issue.  If you're putting them on the IR, they have to make the 53 man roster and we're exposing someone to waivers.  We've got 2 weeks to see how ESB recovers.  If there's not much development, maybe then he goes on the IR.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

Still have the same issue.  If you're putting them on the IR, they have to make the 53 man roster and we're exposing someone to waivers.  We've got 2 weeks to see how ESB recovers.  If there's not much development, maybe then he goes on the IR.

I'm comfortable risking our 53rd guy on waivers and then bringing him back. The other two options (a) putting him on IR now and ending his season or (b) keeping him on the 53 permanently don't make much sense to me. 

48 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm so mad that I'm not sure I disagree. Just filled with seething anger right now.

You're breathing right now too, right?   Let us know when there's been some kind of new development.

37 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's really no decision to make.  He's making the 53 man roster.

Disagree. There's really no decision to make. He's going on IR. His injury has made the WR decision easy for Gute and LaFleur. IR allows us to avoid cutting him.

We got plenty of other receivers to lean on. He's just not that important to us right now to keep on the 53. Don't forget he has never caught a TD pass for the Packers, both in regular season and preseason. Just IR him and let him try again next season. It's important to keep things in perspective.

Before he got injured Davis, Kumerow, Lazard, Shepherd were all making catches. He had some targets over the preseason games which he has not caught and he was about to continue that catchless run half way through the 3rd preseason game, he was playing against scrubs and he was doing nothing. I was so happy when he finally caught the ball but it's a shame he got injured on the play.  It's clearly obvious though that he has fallen down the depth chart whether people like to admit it or not.

Edited by Chili

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

“My aim is not to be consistent with my previous statements on a given question, but to be consistent with truth as it may present itself to me at a given moment. The result has been that I have grown from truth to truth.” - Gandhi

This is exactly it! It’s not pride in knowing it all, but a focus on being open to things as they are! 

And then with that, you do end up being right a lot because nothing is in a box and you can see things as they appear rather than only seeing what you’re looking for.

That’s why I’ll come in and say, “holy ****, after three game tapes of Gary, I think he’s a beast and have high expectations” or “after 5 practices watching MVS, I think he’s a true stud based on his burst, speed, confidence in his routes, communicating with the QB1 and his strong mindedness as a person that I see outside of football.

if I’m wrong, I really don’t give a ****. I don’t know anymore than anyone else. But I’m completely free of whether anyone respects me or not so I have no fear in looking wrong or stupid and I just call it as I see it. 

I do happen to be right more than wrong though.

Edited by boratt

Watching the rookie highlights of EQ and MVS, the difference is night and day. MVS is getting ahead of his man far more easily, he looks far more explosive, he is making more difficult catches and he is scoring TDs and this is all on display in his highlight tape. He is doing stuff that EQ is not doing. The point of showing these videos is to highlight the fact that EQ isnt as good as the hype portrays him to be. This tape coupled with his lukewarm preseason puts him in a roster bubble situation especially seeing other WRs step up and doing what EQ can do and more! MVS deserves the hype completely but EQ is a long way behind and we need to keep our expectations in check.  The thinking that he's a roster lock in my view is a very weird stance to take considering he hasn't really done anything yet to justify that.

EQ is not the same type of receiver as MVS. That's be like saying, "I compared Z'Darius Smith's highlight tape to Von Millers and there's a noticeable difference so Z must suck."

St. Brown is an elite athlete when it comes to his possession receiver skillset. Usually those big body guys are high 4.5s and not fluid. He's not MVS, he's closer to a James Jones who's an inch taller and runs in the 4.4s. That could be am extremely valuable piece to develop. He's not going to explode and glide on air like MVS looks like out there and it's not fair to hold him to that standard. I don't think we've had a receiver in the Rodgers era like MVS. Closest comp I can think of is maybe Javon Walker??

• Like 1

Agree - best news possible regards EQ. No significant structural or ligament issues. Just your basic high ankle sprain. Okay. Can live with that.

A bullet dodged.

Agree - he's making the roster. If they decide to IR him to make room for somebody else now - not a problem. He'll be back and he'll make his mark. The high hopes continue :)

Edited by Leader