2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

When you're really fast and not physical and can't win underneath route this happens.

Jordy Nelson was a refined BAMF over his first two seasons who could do everything?  Davante Adams, too?  Davante had the confidence of a llama in a herd of lions his first two seasons and couldn't catch a falling feather. 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Davante had the confidence of a llama in a herd of lions his first two seasons and couldn't catch a falling feather. 

I disagree with this point. In fact, it was the "fight" Adams exhibited his rookie season that stood out to me. Route running, hands pass catching - these were Rookie works in progress - but his "fight" was an innate trait that showed up on the field back then and has only grown with time and experience.

Just now, Leader said:

I disagree with this point. In fact, it was the "fight" Adams exhibited his rookie season that stood out to me. Route running, hands pass catching - these were Rookie works in progress - but his "fight" was an innate trait that showed up on the field back then and has only grown with time and experience.

Did you miss his entire second season? 

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/26375/packers-receiver-davante-adams-insists-lack-of-confidence-not-the-issue

He both acknowledges that it's a confidence issue while saying he's a confident player.  Getting back to a defensive back mentality.  Etc.  In short, you're wrong.  He absolutely had confidence issues in his second year. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Did you miss his entire second season? 

https://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/26375/packers-receiver-davante-adams-insists-lack-of-confidence-not-the-issue

He both acknowledges that it's a confidence issue while saying he's a confident player.  Getting back to a defensive back mentality.  Etc.  In short, you're wrong.  He absolutely had confidence issues in his second year. 

Nope. Didnt miss any of it. He had a bad year - no doubt. Personally, I think them mostly injury related (or caused) but as with my thoughts about EQ he had shown enough positive talent traits. Though there were some voicing displeasure (and the ever present "he's no good / not worth it" thinking....) I never lost faith he could develop into a good WR.

Just now, Leader said:

Nope. Didnt miss any of it. He had a bad year - no doubt. Personally, I think them mostly injury related (or caused) but as with my thoughts about EQ he had shown enough positive talent traits. Though there were some voicing displeasure (and the ever present "he's no good / not worth it" thinking....) I never lost faith he could develop into a good WR.

Good God you've got issues.

“A lot of it has to do with confidence,” Adams said.

“You can make all the excuses and say it’s the weather, which it had a whole lot to do with it, you’ve just got to have the [defensive back] mentality, which is a short memory, so we tried to do that.”

He literally said it himself and you're still clinging to, "Nope, I'm right.  **** Davante's own ****ing opinion, I am right." 

Just now, Leader said:

LOL Always a pleasure chatting with you OP.

It's not a pleasure chatting with you.  Here's how it goes:

I say something.
-You say I'm wrong.
I prove to you I am right.
-You say, in spite of the proof I give you, that you're still right.
I call you out for continuing to say you're wrong and that I just proved you wrong.
-You take a shot acting like you're some supreme Yen master at peace with everything and knowing the entirety of the universe because you're a pompous know-it-all that really knows not a whole lot. 

Just now, Leader said:

LOL Time for you to take your meds OP.

Oh, I forgot, then you suggest I'm in need of medication.  You're the pathological liar, so you've got worse neurosis than I do.  You literally convince yourself you're right when I literally prove you wrong.  You get it in your head that you are so damn smart and full of wisdom when you literally know nothing and all of your football knowledge comes from Twitter.  Bertie Boatman knows more than you do and is wrong less often.  Also, nobody likes you.  Your avatar is stupid, your username is is like me calling myself Calm Person, and your collection of self-help books have you convinced you're something that you're not. 

Looks like you forgot to read your chapter of Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul today. 

Edited by Outpost31

54 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Not remotely as rare in today's NFL.  If a late (5th-7th) flashes at all, chances are they're going to develop.  Diggs, Thielen...

This is exactly why you no longer need a high pick to get an impact out of a WR.  Here are the rankings of rookie receivers this year by draft position:

64th overall
76th overall
Undrafted
66th overall
36th overall
25th overall
149th overall
51st overall
171st overall
56th overall
174th overall
247th overall
59th overall
Undrafted
Undrafted
206th overall

Then you've got second year pros.  Here is the ranking of second year receivers (taken in last year's draft) and their draft position:

24th
40th
174 (MVS)
Undrafted
Undrafted (Lazard)

Out of all second year receivers, MVS leads them all in yards per reception (minimum 10 catches). 

It's like people completely forget about Nelson.  if MVS didn't have another catch all year, he's already dominating Jordy Nelson over their first two seasons. 

Not only that, he's dominating Davante Adams, too, in every category except receptions.  Both had 4 touchdowns in their first two seasons, except MVS so far has 1,001 receiving yards on 60 receptions compared to 88 receptions for Adams, who had 72 less yards on 28 more receptions. 

You don't even WANT me to show you the numbers for third year players. 

There is zero disparity between 1st round picks all the way to undrafted receivers in the NFL anymore.  You do not need to make a huge investment at that position because, as you said, rule changes make it easier. 

You don't get 420 yards on 22 receptions (19.1 average) and be without wild potential and promise.  MVS WILL have his breakout season, and it WILL be monstrous, and I WILL troll every single one of you for treating him like some Robert Ferguson or Bill Schroeder.  There WILL be a major bust in the first round. 

I'll give you this … you are consistent on your MVS man crush.  Can't do much any more this year on the wr position.  MVS will be back next year … if he has that huge breakout season you will be the man.  If he continues on the non descript season next year as he has this year … you'll just have to divorce him and move on.  I just want a frickin receiver!

Just now, coachbuns said:

I'll give you this … you are consistent on your MVS man crush.  Can't do much any more this year on the wr position.  MVS will be back next year … if he has that huge breakout season you will be the man.  If he continues on the non descript season next year as he has this year … you'll just have to divorce him and move on.  I just want a frickin receiver!

Jordy Nelson took until his 4th year.  Any rookie that shows and potential whatsoever you don't give up on until their contract year.  If they can't put it together in their contract year, yeah, you give up.  Like it says in Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul,

“We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth.”

MVS just isn't getting enough hugs.  That's all. 

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Jordy Nelson took until his 4th year.  Any rookie that shows and potential whatsoever you don't give up on until their contract year.  If they can't put it together in their contract year, yeah, you give up.  Like it says in Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul,

MVS just isn't getting enough hugs.  That's all. 

He's getting hugs from the uglies and nothing from the beauties.  He's got to work on the beauties!