2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

2 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

What about EQ next year ?
He's not the traditional slot body, but neither was Jordy or Adams and they played them inside from time to time

I do think that was the idea going into this year.  The big slot is hot all over the league and EQ is a great fit for that kind of role.  He's a big receiver who's tough after the catch and can actually sink his hips and change direction.  

However, I confess I don't actually feel I have a solid grasp on what LeFleur wants ideally from his slot.  I'm starting to go back through the first half of the year just to look at how the offense has changed, so I'm hopeful I'll have a better sense of their goals going forward.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I don't actually feel I have a solid grasp on what LeFleur wants ideally from his slot.

thx for the insight and I remember a post from early in 2019 showing the Big Slot WRs MLF had in ATL and LA, so maybe he's from that school of thought

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Before anyone says Gordon, and I know it’s already too late, he is not the Gordon you think he is.  He is not the Gordon he was.  Don’t think he’s much better than Allison at this point.

His size is still intriguing, but he won't be around anyways.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Before anyone says Gordon, and I know it’s already too late, he is not the Gordon you think he is.  He is not the Gordon he was.  Don’t think he’s much better than Allison at this point.

But he's probably better than Kumerow and Ryan Grant, and he costs next to nothing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

But he's probably better than Kumerow and Ryan Grant, and he costs next to nothing

hmmm...He costs nothing because he's probably worth nothing. He can't stay clean... so he's not available on Sunday
If he could actually contribute this year, then why did the Pats just spend a 2nd on Sanu after all the time & effort they invested in babysitting Gordon ?
Brady took him under his wing and even invited Gordon to move in with him. Now they dumped him.
What might we infer from that series of events ? :)

Let's see what happens when we add Adams, Tonyan and even a little Sternberger to the # 7 scoring offense (# 2 over the last 3 weeks)

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Comp pick? Surely you don't think some team is going to give him a big contract

Agreed, barring a massive production increase,  he’s at best getting a 1 year prove it deal.

I’d still put in a claim though. More upside than Ryan Grant and he played out when healthy this year.

14 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

What about EQ next year ?
He's not the traditional slot body, but neither was Jordy or Adams and they played them inside from time to time

I’d be open to trying it. I still think though a talent upgrade is needed. EQ really wasn’t special as a rookie and didn’t have a great camp this year. He seems a like JAG.

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I’d be open to trying it. I still think though a talent upgrade is needed. EQ really wasn’t special as a rookie and didn’t have a great camp this year. He seems a like JAG.

IMO it's too early to dismiss ESB. He was ascending at the end of his rookie year. He could end up surpassing MVS. He'll never have his burning-fast 4.37 speed, but he IS quick (4.48 40 at 6'5"). Let's see what he does next year, that will be the real test.

• Like 1