2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

1 hour ago, Donzo said:

GB: Geronimo Allison, Jake Kumerow & Allen Lazard.

KC: Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins & Mecole Hardaman.

LOL!

This is like a track team against three guys rolling out of a dive bar in Sheboygan.

Well when you remove the 4.3 guy from the Packers list, that tends to happen?

There are cleats for mud, longer cleats for both wet and muddy fields, and the patented Kumerow shoes, whose greater cleats have lesser cleats upon their backs to bite-on, whose lesser cleats have smaller cleats, so on ad-infinitum. No-one else has fractal shoes.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

There are cleats for mud, long cleats for wet and muddy fields, and the patented Kumerow shoes, whose greater cleats have lesser cleats upon their backs to bite-on, whose lesser cleats have smaller cleats, so on ad-infinitum. No-one else has fractal shoes.

I'm not sure, but I swear Kumerow wears sandals on Sundays.

• Like 3

Just now, skibrett15 said:

Lazard is the de facto #2 once Adams returns right?

MVS is all over the place, and not in a good way.

Probably. MVS is mess underneath, but as a field stretcher, there's no excuse not to get him 2-3 targets 30+ yards down the field in a game though. I imagine between catches and PI he's probably got the highest success rate in that area.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Probably. MVS is mess underneath, but as a field stretcher, there's no excuse not to get him 2-3 targets 30+ yards down the field in a game though. I imagine between catches and PI he's probably got the highest success rate in that area.

I just assume Allison eats up more slot snaps than MVS, and MVS is back to a rotation guy behind Lazard.

I don't think it's good actually.  Rodgers should figure it out with MVS instead of clinging to Lazard's consistency

1 hour ago, skibrett15 said:

I just assume Allison eats up more slot snaps than MVS, and MVS is back to a rotation guy behind Lazard.

I don't think it's good actually.  Rodgers should figure it out with MVS instead of clinging to Lazard's consistency

MVS has been down snap count-wise because he was injured.  He played 94.4% of the snaps against Dallas, then played 77% of the snaps against Detroit even after being hurt in the second quarter.  They cut him down to 34.5% but he bounced back up to 62.3% against the Chiefs.  I don't really see anything to indicate that he's being phased out.  I suspect he'll continue to get about 80-85% of snaps when healthy like he did early in the season.  

He's also not near the blocker that Lazard is, so there's reason to give him those snaps while MVS fully recovers.  You can't fully show your hand that way so Lazard will get some receiving snaps, but that's fine; I think he may actually be a player.  He's certainly a better prospect than Kumerow, and deserves to get some snaps each game.  He's quicker than he timed, and for a big receiver he moves well and he can actually sink into his cuts a little.  That plus his ability to climb the ladder and his blocking ability and that's a player who has a role.  I mean he's a #4/package guy for sure, but it's still a role.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I mean he's a #4/package guy for sure, but it's still a role.

I think this, but are we sure you aren't talking about MVS here?

Could be that 2/4 gets swapped around game to game, but Lazard looks pretty decent and Allison is playing the slot better than either can right now.

36 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

I'm thinking Lazard will get enough action to warrant adding him to my fantasy team.  I'm losing four starters in week #10 and need a reliable replacement.  I'll take a 6-8 point production from a receiver that week, given the circumstances.

There HAS to be better options doesn't there?