2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

12 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

hmmm...He costs nothing because he's probably worth nothing. He can't stay clean... so he's not available on Sunday
If he could actually contribute this year, then why did the Pats just spend a 2nd on Sanu after all the time & effort they invested in babysitting Gordon ?
Brady took him under his wing and even invited Gordon to move in with him. Now they dumped him.
What might we infer from that series of events ? :)

Let's see what happens when we add Adams, Tonyan and even a little Sternberger to the # 7 scoring offense (# 2 over the last 3 weeks)

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game

What are the chances Sternberger is activated for Sunday's game?

7 hours ago, pacman5252 said:
7 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Comp pick? Surely you don't think some team is going to give him a big contract

Agreed, barring a massive production increase,  he’s at best getting a 1 year prove it deal.

I’d still put in a claim though. More upside than Ryan Grant and he played out when healthy this year.

I year $4m got a 6th rounder in 2019 

1 minute ago, JBURGE said:

I'm very curious to see what happens with Gordon, somebody is gonna make a claim and we should hear soon.
OTC wrote more about him here, but the article came out before he was released. Lots of layers to unpack in terms of his status

https://overthecap.com/the-patriots-cba-loopholes-and-josh-gordon/

16 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Before anyone says Gordon, and I know it’s already too late, he is not the Gordon you think he is.  He is not the Gordon he was.  Don’t think he’s much better than Allison at this point.

Allison is a pro-bowler compared to Gordon at this point...

15 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

hmmm...He costs nothing because he's probably worth nothing. He can't stay clean... so he's not available on Sunday
If he could actually contribute this year, then why did the Pats just spend a 2nd on Sanu after all the time & effort they invested in babysitting Gordon ?
Brady took him under his wing and even invited Gordon to move in with him. Now they dumped him.
What might we infer from that series of events ? :)

Let's see what happens when we add Adams, Tonyan and even a little Sternberger to the # 7 scoring offense (# 2 over the last 3 weeks)

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/points-per-game

Agreed. He's a shell of his former self since he's gotten clean...

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

IMO it's too early to dismiss ESB. He was ascending at the end of his rookie year. He could end up surpassing MVS. He'll never have his burning-fast 4.37 speed, but he IS quick (4.48 40 at 6'5"). Let's see what he does next year, that will be the real test.

It's a flat out tragedy that ESB got hurt. He had a great TC and was ready to take a leap IMHO.

12 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:
19 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

I'm very curious to see what happens with Gordon, somebody is gonna make a claim and we should hear soon.
OTC wrote more about him here, but the article came out before he was released. Lots of layers to unpack in terms of his status

https://overthecap.com/the-patriots-cba-loopholes-and-josh-gordon/

Me too. Not sure what the issue with him is at this point but the potential will get him a look somewhere. I won't be upset if we don't try at all, I'm just not opposed to it. Not sure how it would work with 12 though, with the individual expectations he has

Edited by JBURGE

1 hour ago, JBURGE said:

Me too. Not sure what the issue with him is at this point but the potential will get him a look somewhere. I won't be upset if we don't try at all, I'm just not opposed to it. Not sure how it would work with 12 though, with the individual expectations he has

That's the proper attitude to take with Gordon, I'm all for it either way, claim or no claim. Thing to remember with New England, they do things BB's way and don't give a crap how you feel about it. It would be an infinitely more energetic vibe here. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Seattle, eh?  It looks like several other teams with worse records passed on the guy.  That says a lot IMO.

I overheard that SEA was 28th in the claim chain and someone here mentioned that we were 29th?
I wonder if we would have (or did) put in a claim. Probably not, but its unlikely we'll every know for sure.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

There you go, Seattle was it.

Ahhhhh okay. So they announce those that would have come after. Thanks. Didnt realize that.

I've always advocated for GB to take a chance/shot at Gordon. Obviously its never happened and has he gets a bit longer in the tooth and further from his truly productive years - not sure what he's got left or is working with anymore. SEA's putting a nice array of receiving options on the field though.

On 11/1/2019 at 6:27 AM, OneTwoSixFive said:

IMO it's too early to dismiss ESB. He was ascending at the end of his rookie year. He could end up surpassing MVS. He'll never have his burning-fast 4.37 speed, but he IS quick (4.48 40 at 6'5"). Let's see what he does next year, that will be the real test.

ESB was my favorite out of the rookie receivers. I'm now really upset we put him on IR for Davis who's no longer on the roster.  With Allison having such a disappointing year it would've been nice to have ESB out there.

59 minutes ago, St Vince said:

ESB was my favorite out of the rookie receivers. I'm now really upset we put him on IR for Davis who's no longer on the roster.  With Allison having such a disappointing year it would've been nice to have ESB out there.

ESB's worst trait is he doesn't play special teams.

• Like 1