Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

Just now, MKnight82 said:

Trent wants to feel some love from the Redskins right now.  That has to come from the top.  

All for that. Just not keeping my hopes up. I do think however the training staff could see a sword fallen through their department. Someone has got it feel some pain from this (besides us fans). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

All for that. Just not keeping my hopes up. I do think however the training staff could see a sword fallen through their department. Someone has got it feel some pain from this (besides us fans). 

But why should they be the loyal soldiers for Dan Snyder/Brice?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Oh zero percent chance Bruce goes to see him.  

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/08/01/trent-williams-wants-out-redskins-seem-hopeful-that-fines-will-force-him-return/?utm_term=.5d90624b412f

RICHMOND — As the Washington Redskins head into the second week of training camp without Trent Williams, fines are starting to pile up for the team’s star left tackle.

And while Williams has expressed a desire for the team to either trade him or pay him more, in response to what people close to Williams say are his long-developing frustrations with the franchise, the Redskins — for now — seem content to bleed Williams financially in the hope of forcing him back.

The collective bargaining agreement between the NFL and the NFL Players Association is loaded with weights designed to keep players from holding out of camp the way Williams is now. Teams are allowed to fine players $40,000 each day they don’t show up for training camp and the preseason, which means Williams is already facing $280,000 in fines for sitting out the first seven days of practice. That number could grow to over $1 million if he does not show the rest of the summer, and he could lose an additional $1 million-plus in guaranteed bonuses.

According to a person with knowledge of the Redskins’ thinking, Williams asked the team to be traded on June 1. Washington officials decided that a trade would not be practical and turned the request down. The person said Williams then asked for more money, which the team also declined, and the two sides have remained in a standoff since.

This is stupid. They should just trade Trent to Houston for a few picks, hopefully a 2nd and a 3rd in next years draft or a 2nd and a 4th or maybe for one of the Texans young ILBs and a mid-round pick, something. 

11 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I wish it would happen, I don't see redskins getting rid of their entire training staff a month before the season just bc a player is demanding it - even if that is Trent Williams. They should just trade him, I don't think Trent is going to cave and it doesn't seem that Dan/Bruce want to give Trent the contract extension he wants either.

Trade Trent to the Texans, hopefully get back a 2nd & a 3rd or a 4th, or one of their young ILBs and and a 3rd or 4th.

Frankly, if this is Trent’s stance, the trade should have happened already. I don't think the fines are going to make him play for the Redskins again.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Like I guess in the end I can’t thinknof one team that traded their franchise LT and excelled. You have a young QB!!! You have a top LT in the game. Pay him. If we have two players who have earned their money on this team it’s Trent and Ryan!! Brandon is due Reed owes us a lot of production and we have a lot of youth. Let’s try to get this guy locked up!!! This medical staff has botched a lot!! I don’t think I’d play with either situation we’ve had a ton of bad injuries just linger. Let’s get Trent locked up and the staff gone!! All pro LT’s don’t just grow on trees. And this training staff hasn’t been amazing so cut the dead weight get a quality staff and get Trent in here to compete against Sweat so this guy can practice against a all pro and grow his game to a all pro level. This is effecting Sweat get Trent back now!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

If every doctor was fired over a misdiagnosis, we would have no doctors in the world.  

If every Left Tackle was fired over a missed block, we would have no left tackles in football.

Or a holding call, especially if that offensive tackle played for the Redskins.

I thought I heard some talk show host say on the air a while back that Trent was our most penalized OL last year, maybe some of that had to do w/ him playing hurt but still, that was alarming to me.

Yep, just looked it up. Here we're the penalties charged to each OL last year:

TWill - 8

Lauvao - 2

Roullier - 2

Scherff - 2

Moses - 7

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Apparently DRC just tried to sub in for Jimmy Moreland and .... in a more adult way with more four letter words, Jimmy basically told him to go pound sand lol

Love to see a rookie, especially an USF’s, take command like that. Honestly forgot DRC was at camp. Not for long I guess

• Like 1