Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

1 hour ago, Doc Draper said:

I think he comes back on Monday. Was able to miss the training camp and rest his old bones. Redskins quietly wave his fines. 

This past weekend was my "it's all forgiven" deadline. He still needs time to gel with Flowers and/or Martin. Now it's in the "what can we trade him for?" category.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/8/20/20813089/nfl-fans-dont-expect-the-cowboys-to-repeat-as-division-champs-fanpulse

@Thaiphoon, did you ever think to see a bunch of Washington fans (in the comments of that article) telling each other to stay home? Did you ever think to yourself "in my lifetime, I would actively tell other Washington fans not to show up and root on the team?"

I don't think their wrong one iota. Just never thought it would get to this point. Thai, you thought there would be blackouts, but did you think it would get to the "DON'T GO" stage?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Woz said:

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/8/20/20813089/nfl-fans-dont-expect-the-cowboys-to-repeat-as-division-champs-fanpulse

@Thaiphoon, did you ever think to see a bunch of Washington fans (in the comments of that article) telling each other to stay home? Did you ever think to yourself "in my lifetime, I would actively tell other Washington fans not to show up and root on the team?"

I don't think their wrong one iota. Just never thought it would get to this point. Thai, you thought there would be blackouts, but did you think it would get to the "DON'T GO" stage?

I know you were talking to Thai but sadly, it’s been at this stage for awhile. I went to the Indy game last year and the place was half full and around 50% were Indy fans, not Philly or NY fans, division rivals who’s fans are relatively close. No, these fans came from freakin Indiana and just about matched Skins fans to a man. I remember the 80’s and 90’s and even the first few years at Fed-ex everyone spoke of the college atmosphere at games. When a big play happened you could see both stadiums shake on TV. It’s all gone. It was back for a while in 2012 but that seems like decades ago. Dan and Bruce are despised yes, but that’s not why fans don’t go to games. It’s the product. November and December are meaningless every single year. Yes that’s mainly Dan and Bruce’s fault, but if they could win games the fans would be back to support the team and still despise those two clowns.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woz said:

I never thought that it would get to this point after the firing of Vinny The Rat, but alas, here we are.  The franchise doesn't have many more lows to sink to in the eyes of the fans.  

• Like 2

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2019-washington-redskins-1837065916

What’s new that sucks: Congratulations! You guys won Training Staff Of The Year!

I guess that’s what happens when your trainers have to work trauma ward hours all season long. They certainly did the MOST trainering, that’s for sure. This team was No. 1 in players dispatched to IR for the second straight year. That’s not just bad luck. These guys couldn’t keep a ******* goldfish healthy. Did I mention that cornerstone tackle Trent Williams now refuses to play for them because they employ medieval barbers to practice medicine in Ashburn?

13 hours ago, Woz said:

This past weekend was my "it's all forgiven" deadline. He still needs time to gel with Flowers and/or Martin. Now it's in the "what can we trade him for?" category.

When we started talking about a trade haul for Trent a couple weeks ago I was pretty disappointed that the consensus was a mid round pick.

When Shefty came out and said there could be a 1+ on the table, I liked that take a lot better lol. 

I have no doubt Bruce and Dan are willing to let Trent sit the season, which is the worst possible situation for everyone involved. I’d be happy with a late 1/early 2 (assuming the other teams finishing record) and a young player that could help immediately. 

3 hours ago, bigdog44 said:

When we started talking about a trade haul for Trent a couple weeks ago I was pretty disappointed that the consensus was a mid round pick.

When Shefty came out and said there could be a 1+ on the table, I liked that take a lot better lol. 

I have no doubt Bruce and Dan are willing to let Trent sit the season, which is the worst possible situation for everyone involved. I’d be happy with a late 1/early 2 (assuming the other teams finishing record) and a young player that could help immediately. 

#winningoffthefield as Bruce would call it 

44 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

ya know if we got a 1 for trent and then when alex came off the books this team could actually be in very good shape cap wise and youth wise. i assume norman will be gone also next year. 

and $6 mill for Davis - next year if not this one . Still have to pay Scherff . !

2 hours ago, mar29020 said:

ya know if we got a 1 for trent and then when alex came off the books this team could actually be in very good shape cap wise and youth wise. i assume norman will be gone also next year. 

Which means we screw it up.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Woz said:

Yeah, I just envisioned blackouts and people just deciding to stay home. But to actively tell other fans not to go? That I didn't see in my crystal ball.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

JP Finley saying Docston may not make the team and they’ve been trying to trade him. I’ve been saying all along he's going to get cut. Can’t we just swap him with Laquan Treadwell? One sucky receiver for the other and just see what happens. 

Pretty shady to not even give the guy reps in the preseason games to earn a chance to keep his job. 

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Pretty shady to not even give the guy reps in the preseason games to earn a chance to keep his job. 

Wanting to avoid damaging any return they might get for him by having him get nicked up?

Let's be fair here: it isn't like he was setting the world on fire in his past two years (giving him a pass for his injury-lost rookie year). Maybe he's been showing something in the private practices that we as fans just don't see. However, no one has really mentioned his play. It's all been focused on guys like McLaurin, Sims, Harmon, and Davis. Maybe it's because those guys are the "new hotness" and Doctson is not.

From the little we've seen/heard, would an extra 10-20 snaps in the first two preseason games really have helped his case? He's got one last chance come tomorrow. If he plays well, shows some of the spark that Harmon did with contesting those balls, he's probably safe. If he doesn't ... well ... are we surprised if he is cut?