Green Bay @ Ravens "Still Gotta Shot Bowl"

Leader

5 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I'm not worried about Summers. He was in position to make a bunch of tackles again. including at least a couple in the backfield, and yeah he flubbed most of them but I think he can figure that out. It's preseason and they haven't been practicing live tackling. Give him a year to get acclimated, study Blake, etc. He's an NFL ILB.

I'm extremely not worried about Bolton. That guy makes plays everywhere. Obviously a much different player from Summers (or Blake) but I think he has a role early on.

Not worried about either of those guys, but their roles should not be significant on defense in 2019. One is an UDFA and the other is a 7th round pick. Bolton could be a solid package guy with his blitzing ability and he's pretty decent in coverage. I worry about mental mistakes though for any new player that young. Bolton had a blown coverage last night that should have been a big gain with a better QB. Can't have that kind of weak link on a defense that just spent $150 million to fix it. I'm still bringing in a vet player to add something to the ILB room for now, put Burks on IR and re-evaluate after Week 8. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Not worried about either of those guys, but their roles should not be significant on defense in 2019. One is an UDFA and the other is a 7th round pick. Bolton could be a solid package guy with his blitzing ability and he's pretty decent in coverage. I worry about mental mistakes though for any new player that young. Bolton had a blown coverage last night that should have been a big gain with a better QB. Can't have that kind of weak link on a defense that just spent $150 million to fix it. I'm still bringing in a vet player to add something to the ILB room for now, put Burks on IR and re-evaluate after Week 8. 

Gonna be hard pressed to find a vet that will give you more than what we saw last night at that position.

Just now, deathstar said:

Gonna be hard pressed to find a vet that will give you more than what we saw last night at that position.

I'll take a guy like Bynes or Foster. More about the mental aspect right now than the physical, at least for Bolton. Summers shouldn't get many meaningful snaps in 2019, he's not physically ready. Bolton is further ahead physically, but I'd rather have another guy early on with some time under his belt. 

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

There's always something with this guy that fires the media up.  The Score in Chicago thinks it was another power play from Rodgers to needle his young head coach.  

Really? I don't listen to radio anymore only podcasts and old music.  I came up with that on my own. 

It just seems that Rodgers thing in past has been he doesn't play in preseason and when new coach differs with him on anything he kind of makes these subtle public moves to send a message that he doesn't like it. 

Not trolling (not now anyway) I really think that.

11 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I'll take a guy like Bynes or Foster. More about the mental aspect right now than the physical, at least for Bolton. Summers shouldn't get many meaningful snaps in 2019, he's not physically ready. Bolton is further ahead physically, but I'd rather have another guy early on with some time under his belt. 

I'm happy with a combo of Bolton, Summers, Jones over those two re-treads. Foster is another Morrison, just such a liability in pass coverage now at his age, he used to be pretty good there but the years have taken their toll. Bynes has never been a good player IMO. Not to mention it's clear from Bolton getting the nod over Summers that they have laid out different roles for Martinez and Burks, and both those guys are MUCH more suited to take on Blake's role, and an awful fit for Burks'.

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Good thing we didn't give up anything of worth for him.

This is a warning for trolling.

Three warnings and you'll receive a citation. Five citations and you're looking at a violation. Four of those, and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. Two of those, that'll land you in a world of hurt: in the form of a disciplinary review, written up by me and placed on the desk of my immediate superior, Webmaster. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Three warnings and you'll receive a citation. Five citations and you're looking at a violation. Four of those, and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. Two of those, that'll land you in a world of hurt: in the form of a disciplinary review, written up by me and placed on the desk of my immediate superior, Webmaster. 

Dwight Schrute:
Okay, I'm gonna need to search your car. Give me your keys.

Ryan Howard:
I am not giving you my keys.

Dwight Schrute:
Don't make me do this the hard way.

Ryan Howard:
What's the hard way?

Dwight Schrute:
I go down to the police station on my lunch break. I tell a police officer, I know several, what I suspect you may have in your car. He requests a hearing from a judge and obtains a search warrant. Once he has said warrant, he will drive over here, and make you give him the keys to your car and you will have to obey him.

Ryan Howard:
Yeah, let's do it that way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm happy with a combo of Bolton, Summers, Jones over those two re-treads. Foster is another Morrison, just such a liability in pass coverage now at his age, he used to be pretty good there but the years have taken their toll. Bynes has never been a good player IMO. Not to mention it's clear from Bolton getting the nod over Summers that they have laid out different roles for Martinez and Burks, and both those guys are MUCH more suited to take on Blake's role, and an awful fit for Burks'.

I'm going to have to see Bolton again next week. Just don't like the idea of shoring up all the other positions on this defense and then going into week 1 with an UDFA with "good potential" at ILB. Seems foolish and unnecessary. I never thought Burks was the answer there either, but was hoping an off-season would show some progression there. Guy is just frail it appears. 

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

1 hour ago, waterfish_21 said:

I think Tony Snell is the better comparison here.  6'7, nice reach and athleticism, but leaves so much potential out there.  Looks so awkward offensively.  Thon Maker is a great, and I mean great weak side help defender, I have a hard time saying anything like this for Kizer. Thon can also spot up for 3 although super inconsistent, 4/4 one night, 0/5 another.  I don't think he is zero coordination, he just has very little lower body strength. 

Gotta luv the Thon Maker talk... I'll always like Thon.

Thon moves like a baby calf and that's never goona get better... I laugh sometimes when he goes for a rebound and he swats at the ball like a blind folded kid trying to hit a pinata. I think he's goona hurt himself sometimes. 

Fear the Dear!

27 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Really? I don't listen to radio anymore only podcasts and old music.  I came up with that on my own. 

It just seems that Rodgers thing in past has been he doesn't play in preseason and when new coach differs with him on anything he kind of makes these subtle public moves to send a message that he doesn't like it. 

Not trolling (not now anyway) I really think that.

It's an interesting dynamic for sure.  LaFleur says Rodgers will play a quarter .. Rodgers gets back tightness and is scratched.  LaFleur now is saying it's a not a necessity that Rodgers plays in the preseason, but that he'd like to see him out there.  Rodgers has previously said he'd play in Canada, but we'll see.  Now that LaFleur has said he'd like to see him play, maybe Rodgers will go the other way.  It's all probably nothing, but it doesn't seem anything is easy in this relationship.

Edited by {Family Ghost}