Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

5 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

So you saying Dak needs a top defense, a good offensive line, a trio of top pass catchers and a top 5 RB in the league to be effective and efficient?? Game manager if I've ever seen one. Romo never had half the talent Dak has had but yet Romo somehow made it work. With the same deadbeat head coach at that. Keep using all the stats you guys want until I can see his worth on the field Dak is not worth what he wants

Before I refute this, I need to know if you are saying idiotic things to troll or not?

3 hours ago, DaBoys said:

I know we couldn’t stop the run for anything last year. We were terrible 

That's coaching. I'm 100% positive that the team stopped listening to Garrett and Marinelli because they realized how useless they were as coaches.

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Before I refute this, I need to know if you are saying idiotic things to troll or not?

You know my position on the issue, and even I'm willing to give him time with a new coach, because none of us really know how much of a progress stopper Garrett actually was. Part of me thinks that many of our QBs' (ALL of our QBs during Garrett's tenure) struggles were directly attributed to Garrett's shortcomings as a coach.

Edited by plan9misfit
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

You know my position on the issue, and even I'm willing to give him time with a new coach, because none of us really know how much of a progress stopper Garrett actually was. Part of me thinks that many of our QBs' (ALL of our QBs during Garrett's tenure) struggles were directly attributed to Garrett's shortcomings as a coach.

I'm with you on this Plan.  I'm a Dak fan.  I think we will see great things with McCarthy and Moore coaching Dak and a veteran game tested backup in Dalton to provide insight as well.

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

For all Garretts failures, he was wise enough to give Dak Kellen Moore. We know Dak is top 5 QB capable. Weve seen it. 

No. we don't know that. Putting up numbers doesn't make someone a top 5 QB. Look no further than Jameis Winston. There's so much more to being a QB than beating up on trash teams and only showing up in the 4th Quarter in garbage time against good ones.

Top 5 QBs don't go 1-6 against teams with winning records, nor do they fail to show up in playoff games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

No. we don't know that. Putting up numbers doesn't make someone a top 5 QB. Look no further than Jameis Winston. There's so much more to being a QB than beating up on trash teams and only showing up in the 4th Quarter in garbage time against good ones.

Top 5 QBs don't go 1-6 against teams with winning records, nor do they fail to show up in playoff games.

lol. Turn off ESPN and actually watch the games. Daks best QRTs were the 2nd and 3rd. BY FAR. He didnt put up garbage time stats. Thats a dumb argument parrotted by people who listen to the media instead of focus on reality. 

Wins are a team achievement. Didnt @Northland just explain that to you? 

PS - I dont understand what you are saying about Jamies. He threw 30 INTS and had a projected 45. He was the 18th rated passer by ANY/A. 26th by rating. 

Edited by Matts4313
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

lol. Turn off ESPN and actually watch the games. Daks best QRTs were the 2nd and 3rd. BY FAR. He didnt put up garbage time stats. Thats a dumb argument parrotted by people who listen to the media instead of focus on reality. 

Wins are a team achievement. Didnt @Northland just explain that to you? 

I don't watch ESPN. I just know what I saw. I saw a guy do nothing for the near entirety of too many games. Now, was that a product of feeble coaching or his own inability to perform as a QB? That remains to be seen, but I'd argue it was both.

And, if you keep contending that the running game "doesn't matter" and that the QB position is the most important position in the history of sports, then guess what? He isn't that good.

1 minute ago, plan9misfit said:

I don't watch ESPN. I just know what I saw. I saw a guy do nothing for the near entirety of too many games.

This is a flat out wrong. The numbers dont lie. 

Now, was that a product of feeble coaching or his own inability to perform as a QB? That remains to be seen, but I'd argue it was both.

Dude had been clutch as hell for years. Have we ever actually seen him choke? 

And, if you keep contending that the running game "doesn't matter" and that the QB position is the most important position in the history of sports, then guess what? He isn't that good.

Lol. Pitcher is the most important spot in baseball. Does that matter if he has no hitters? Point Guard in BBall. Does it matter if he has no one to pass to?

Dont say things that you know fundamentally you dont believe in. Weve been debating for 15 years. I know you believe in the rest of the team (OL/DL). Thats not a negative reflection on Dak and you know it in your heart. 

Dak gives us a chance to win every single game with a few exceptions. If you dont see that, you are a moron. I am not addressing this to any single person as I think we all (mostly) believe that. 

A QB that can do that is worth his weight in gold. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

This is a flat out wrong. The numbers dont lie. 

Dude had been clutch as hell for years. Have we ever actually seen him choke? 

Lol. Pitcher is the most important spot in baseball. Does that matter if he has no hitters? Point Guard in BBall. Does it matter if he has no one to pass to?

Dont say things that you know fundamentally you dont believe in. Weve been debating for 15 years. I know you believe in the rest of the team (OL/DL). Thats not a negative reflection on Dak and you know it in your heart. 

The numbers don't tell the whole story, and you know that. Nearly every person who posts on this board has mentioned that you at one point in time or another with respect to this issue. 

As far as choking, no. He's not Romo. He's not a guy who gets into shootouts, makes dumb decisions and then melts down mentally. Rather, he's a guy who - along with other teammates this season - just doesn't show up until it's too late; or shows up on the opening drive and then goes to sleep for the rest of the game (which is, unequivocally, a coaching issue).

And now you're proving my point that our QB isn't a top 5 QB. A top 5 QB can perform without stars around him. Yet, we have stars almost everywhere on offense, and still went 8-8. Not elite. Not top 5. Yes, the defense fell apart. But, the offense wasn't successful when it mattered, either.