Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

6 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

We scored 15 points on the Bills, we were held scoreless for 2 quarters.

We scored 9 points through the first 3 quarters of the Jets game.

We scored 9 points TOTAL on the Eagles while the defense held them to 17.

You really think offense wasn’t a problem during these games? I’m not as sour on Dak as I used to be but these are probably some of his worst games of 2019. Not good examples of poor defense.

You going to put any context on those or nah? In the Jets game both our OTs and WRs were injured. Against Philly he had a broken finger on each hand and a sprained throwing shoulder. On top of like ~10 drops. 

He could have absolutely played better. But our defense/special teams were still awful and did him no favors. 

We scored 7 points in the first 3 quarters of the Bills game, 9 points in the first 3 quarters of the Jets game, and 9 points total in the season-on-the-line Philly game.

The awful defense and special teams allowed 17 whole points to the Eagles. There isn’t a QB alive that can overcome that mountain!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

And this highlights the Dak conundrum. At scoring, Dak is almost as good as Romo was against sub 500 teams, which is great. But he falls dramatically against good teams. People don’t know what to think of him

1. Romo basically called whatever he wanted, which created more passing TD opportunities. 

2. This is excluding 20% of Daks TDs (rushing). Also curious if it includes the 7 TDs in the playoffs?

3. Garrett and co had a habit of going all Zeke near the endzone. 

25 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I literally just explained it in the quote.

Everything you explained is a constant , regardless if the team is sub 500 or over 500

playoff passing tds were included for all players

Edited by 5x10

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Why did you exclude all his rushing TDs? 

Because I’m looking at passing tds. Really common thing to do, they even have columns for it on the stat pages 

1 minute ago, 5x10 said:

Because I’m looking at passing tds. Really common thing to do, they even have columns for it on the stat pages 

That didnt answer my question. A quick glance shows that he has another ~10 rushing TDs against winning teams. I bet that significantly closes the gap. 

6 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

That didnt answer my question. A quick glance shows that he has another ~10 rushing TDs against winning teams. I bet that significantly closes the gap. 

It does answer your question. I am specifically looking at the “passing” tds of quarterbacks, you know, the main way qbs score  

this isn’t unusual 

and I would argue that the results show romo was most consistent and dak was the least consistent , when looking at passing tds pf sub 500 vs 500 and over

i wonder what the league avg spread is

Edited by 5x10

1 minute ago, 5x10 said:

It does answer your question. I am specifically looking at the “passing” tds of quarterbacks, you know, the main way qbs score  

this isn’t unusual 

You know exactly what you are doing. You are rigging it so that it makes Dak look like he cant score against teams 500 and above by excluding his rushing TDs. And yeah, passing tds are the main way QBs score. But 20% of Daks TDs are rushing. 

3 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

You know exactly what you are doing. You are rigging it so that it makes Dak look like he cant score against teams 500 and above by excluding his rushing TDs. And yeah, passing tds are the main way QBs score. But 20% of Daks TDs are rushing. 

Yes, I specifically looked at passing, as I think that’s daks real crutch when he has to play better teams with better players 

the stat is not misleading in any way

its literally titled passing tds

i would love to have a resource to show what the avg spread is for qbs in the nfl

Edited by 5x10