Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

For the record I think Hurts has obviously improved as a passer at OU. If we could get him in the mid rounds I wouldn't hate it. He could compliment Daks game and his mobility alone gives us a better shot than Cooper Rush. 

2 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Please tell me how Pat Mahomes, Josh Allen, Watson, Trubisky, Andrew Luck don't have overwhelming physical attributes. 

Mahomes and Watson go 6'2" and 220 pounds how is any of that "Overwhelming........"? Hurts is not slow. He ran for 2 TDs because the WRs could not get open and LSU kept interfering against OU WRs.

Which one is the 6'1" .....snip.... that made it on sheer intelligence and work ethic? 

None in that list which doesn't matter anyway because that is not relevant. There are many QBs who are/were short but won big.

For the record I think Hurts has obviously improved as a passer at OU. If we could get him in the mid rounds I wouldn't hate it. He could compliment Daks game and his mobility alone gives us a better shot than Cooper Rush. 

That is what I am advocating but for some reason some posters are arguing against that.

2 hours ago, TVScout said:

That is what I am advocating but for some reason some posters are arguing against that.

Because that’s not improving the position nor creating competition in any way. That does nothing but insert another raw athlete into the fold who can’t play the position with the hope that he figures it out in 3-4 years. Bad strategy.

Edited by plan9misfit

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Because that’s not improving the position nor creating competition in any way. That does nothing but insert another raw athlete into the fold who can’t play the position with the hope that he figures it out in 3-4 years. Bad strategy.

We could do worse in the 3rd round. Hurts is probably an upgrade over Rush.

1 minute ago, DaBoys said:

We could do worse in the 3rd round. Hurts is probably an upgrade over Rush.

That philosophy isn’t good enough for me. You know that. I will never buy into the “we could do worse..” argument because that merely maintains mediocrity. It doesn’t focus on improving any position. 

4 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

That philosophy isn’t good enough for me. You know that. I will never buy into the “we could do worse..” argument because that merely maintains mediocrity. It doesn’t focus on improving any position. 

I maintain that it improves the QB2 position. The game(especially the pro game) is changing into a glorified 7 on 7 match. Just being able to scramble a little can win you games. I trust Hurts, who was trusted to start two different elite college programs, over Cooper Rush.

I'd like to see the other non 1st QBs available at our pick, but wouldn't hate the Hurts pick.

Edited by DaBoys

5 minutes ago, DaBoys said:

I maintain that it improves the QB2 position. The game(especially the pro game) is changing into a glorified 7 on 7 match. Just being able to scramble a little can win you games. I trust Hurts, who was trusted to start two different elite college programs, over Cooper Rush.

I'd like to see the other non 1st QBs available at our pick, but wouldn't hate the Hurts pick.

I don’t trust him because he’s inaccurate as a passer and gets exposed every time he faces above average college defenses. If he falls apart like that in college, I have little faith that he’ll improve against NFL defenses. 

27 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

Daks tds this year:

giants and redskins: 4 games , 14 tds , 3.5 tds per game

all other opponents, 12 games, 16 tds , 1.3 tds per game 

all other opponents, 12 games, 19 tds , 1.6 tds per game 

Fixed. Try to be more accurate in your future disparaging remarks.