Dak Thread....still debating, beating a dead horse

WizardHawk

2 hours ago, plan9misfit said:
2 hours ago, TVScout said:

It is not hard to understand. It is just irrelevant. Lack of accuracy would mean the receivers don't catch passes because the ball is too far away from them. That is like claiming a rifle is not accurate because the deer don't fall even though the bullets hit vital parts every time.

Incorrect, but thanks for trying. The rifle analogy is particularly absurd. If you know anything about weapons, then I shouldn’t have to explain why that comparison is very poor.

I feel like that analogy is literally 100% spot on. You can give Dak hell for his ball placement, but he is generally in the catchable radius. There is a reason he is a 65% comp guy... 

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I feel like that analogy is literally 100% spot on. You can give Dak hell for his ball placement, but he is generally in the catchable radius. There is a reason he is a 65% comp guy... 

Assuming the weapon is properly calibrated, it is only as effective as the person discharging it. Unlike a WR who is actively seeking to catch the pass, an animal is not deliberately to catch the bullet. 

We also are talking about Jaylon Hurts. But, thanks for proving the point that our QB isn’t accurate.

Edited by plan9misfit

3 minutes ago, plan9misfit said:

Assuming the weapon is properly calibrated, it is only as effective as the person discharging it. Unlike a WR who is actively seeking to catch the pass, an animal is not deliberately to catch the bullet. 

We also are talking about Jaylon Hurts. But, thanks for proving the point that our QB isn’t accurate.

Thats literally the opposite of what I said. Dak is accurate enough.

Not this last game. but in general.

1 hour ago, TVScout said:

Yes, I post analytical charts. How often do you post anything other than negativity?

You apparently don’t read. And, an “analytical chart” showing completions isn’t analysis. In fact, it’s just lazy. Analysis would require breaking down the offensive system against whatever lack of defense is being played in the Big XII and then comparing the routes, passing lanes, distance, radius, ball placement, and windows to those of the the NFL. In other words, truly measuring whether a college QB would project well to the NFL. Even then, the eyeball test itself tells you that Jaylon Hurts doesn’t measure up. He has trouble hitting WRs at the college level and can’t read overly simplified college defenses. Do you honestly believe that a zone read option QB will suddenly learn how to do that out of nowhere?

But hey, I’m sure you know so much more than anyone else because the word “Scout” is in your name. That totally means you’re “analysis” is more reliable than anyone else’s, AMIRITE??

Edited by plan9misfit

On 12/24/2019 at 1:30 PM, Matts4313 said:

Thats literally the opposite of what I said. Dak is accurate enough.

Not this last game. but in general.

It’s the same every year

dak throws it within catch radius,  but it’s not an easy catch

high throws, requiring jumping to catch

throwing behind wr’s running the other way

sure, they could catch it, but he doesn’t make it easy

it explains why there are sooooo many dropped balls, unless you want to say that all of daks receivers have receiving issues 

46 minutes ago, 5x10 said:

It’s the same every year

it explains why there are sooooo many dropped balls, unless you want to say that all of daks receivers have receiving issues 

The absurdity of this forum is mind boggling. Dak hasnt consistently had a ton of drops. And there has been exactly one QB the accuracy of Drew Brees in the history of the NFL. There have literally been dozens of HOF QBs that are not as accurate as Dak.

23 hours ago, plan9misfit said:

You apparently don’t read. And, an “analytical chart” showing completions isn’t analysis. In fact, it’s just lazy. Analysis would require breaking down the offensive system against whatever lack of defense is being played in the Big XII and then comparing the routes, passing lanes, distance, radius, ball placement, and windows to those of the the NFL. In other words, truly measuring whether a college QB would project well to the NFL. Even then, the eyeball test itself tells you that Jaylon Hurts doesn’t measure up. He has trouble hitting WRs at the college level and can’t read overly simplified college defenses. Do you honestly believe that a zone read option QB will suddenly learn how to do that out of nowhere?

But hey, I’m sure you know so much more than anyone else because the word “Scout” is in your name. That totally means you’re “analysis” is more reliable than anyone else’s, AMIRITE??

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/lamar-jackson?id=32194a41-4332-3395-efb0-6c7b75de50af

13 hours ago, 5x10 said:

It’s the same every year

This can be said for any QB that ever played.