Redskins vs Bengals Gameday Thread - Preseason Week 2 (8/15/19)

MKnight82

4 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I seriously doubt he’s leaving New England. He’s probably been guaranteed the job at this point otherwise he would’ve just taken the Colts gig. 

This would be something I'd pitch to Synder to bring the old him out. Synder has been known to do some crazy things and we know he doesn't mind spending money. If I could get him to get rid of Bruce and Jay for Mcdaniels and O'connell I would try. 

Mcdaniels expericene speaks for itself. If you want to win, He's got to be on the list of guys you want to coach your team. You have to think he hae the skills to develop Haskins into what Fans and Dan wants him to be. As said that's a big time move but I could see it really being beneficial. I understand all may not agree. I just don't understand why. Yes he ditch the Colts but could he ditch the money and power Synder may would give him. Also you have Allen out the door. 

27 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

This would be something I'd pitch to Synder to bring the old him out. Synder has been known to do some crazy things and we know he doesn't mind spending money. If I could get him to get rid of Bruce and Jay for Mcdaniels and O'connell I would try. 

Mcdaniels expericene speaks for itself. If you want to win, He's got to be on the list of guys you want to coach your team. You have to think he hae the skills to develop Haskins into what Fans and Dan wants him to be. As said that's a big time move but I could see it really being beneficial. I understand all may not agree. I just don't understand why. Yes he ditch the Colts but could he ditch the money and power Synder may would give him. Also you have Allen out the door. 

Why go from head coach in waiting for an owner like Bob Kraft, to working for Snyder?  I get that there are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs, but seriously, the Redskins one is one of the least desirable.  It was middle of the road when Jay Gruden took over, and the power that Bruce Allen has in the organizational structure (even when he was "removed" from it) drops the value to one of the worst.  

Kraft and Belichick have put together a wonderful front office and system that is going to survive lone after Belichick is finished as head coach and McDaniels takes over.  The drafting and player development is second to none.  There is no reason to leave that for what the Redskins have to offer. 

And as much "power" as Snyder can say he's offered, he's pulled it back before.  He gave it to Schottenheimer and got rid of The Rat, only to fire Schottenheimer and bring back The Rat.  He hired assistant coaches before deciding on Gregg Williams' fate as head coach in waiting.  Bruce Allen ultimately gained power over Mike Shanahan, who brought him to the organization in the first place.  Snyder took Allen out of the business side last year, hired Brian Lafemina to handle it, only to fire him less than a year in and put Allen back in charge.   Simply put, you can not trust anything that Snyder says and tries to sell you on it.  He's a snake oil salesman.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Why go from head coach in waiting for an owner like Bob Kraft, to working for Snyder?  I get that there are only 32 NFL head coaching jobs, but seriously, the Redskins one is one of the least desirable.  It was middle of the road when Jay Gruden took over, and the power that Bruce Allen has in the organizational structure (even when he was "removed" from it) drops the value to one of the worst.  

Kraft and Belichick have put together a wonderful front office and system that is going to survive lone after Belichick is finished as head coach and McDaniels takes over.  The drafting and player development is second to none.  There is no reason to leave that for what the Redskins have to offer. 

And as much "power" as Snyder can say he's offered, he's pulled it back before.  He gave it to Schottenheimer and got rid of The Rat, only to fire Schottenheimer and bring back The Rat.  He hired assistant coaches before deciding on Gregg Williams' fate as head coach in waiting.  Bruce Allen ultimately gained power over Mike Shanahan, who brought him to the organization in the first place.  Snyder took Allen out of the business side last year, hired Brian Lafemina to handle it, only to fire him less than a year in and put Allen back in charge.   Simply put, you can not trust anything that Snyder says and tries to sell you on it.  He's a snake oil salesman.  

Plus there are other benefits for working for Kraft...