Redskins vs Bengals Gameday Thread - Preseason Week 2 (8/15/19)

MKnight82

I just dont have any confidence in this team. Trent is a huge loss and i feel like we are gonna get stuffed all day running the football. We dont have kirk back there to throw for 4800 yeards to dig us out either. Gonna be a bad year once the injuries begin to pile up. We are one injury away on the o-line from emergency mode.

Just watched the game (time difference: Europe) It looks more like nfl season.

My positives:

1. D, looked really good with the first team! Man that line dominates and makes life for the rest easier

2. Positives on offense: 

Davis: again TD, guy should make the team and more. 

Running game with AP. All at once we’re moving the sticks

Great TD by Haskins

3. Moreland looks good again. He’s a baller

4. Returns by Wilson, good to see some more then just fair catches

Negatives:

1. Perine, the drop off from AP is to much

2. All the flages, my god some were terrible (on Norman or the big play of Sims) If this will be the new game, it won’t be fun to watch

3. Drop-off to reserves of offense. First team O looks good, but depth is an issue and the line

Edited by Dutch Redskins fan
Typo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, mar29020 said:

I just dont have any confidence in this team. Trent is a huge loss and i feel like we are gonna get stuffed all day running the football. We dont have kirk back there to throw for 4800 yeards to dig us out either. Gonna be a bad year once the injuries begin to pile up. We are one injury away on the o-line from emergency mode.

Embrace the suck brother! Embrace the play like dooty for Jeudy or a top 10 LT!

• Like 1

Haskins is clearly the better QB of the two so far. Maybe it stunts his grown if he starts but he’s not a gimmick QB who relies on his legs so I think he’s only going to grow with reps. The amazing thing to me is how much he seemed to have learned from last week to this week. Very intelligent QB. 

15 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Haskins is clearly the better QB of the two so far. Maybe it stunts his grown if he starts but he’s not a gimmick QB who relies on his legs so I think he’s only going to grow with reps. The amazing thing to me is how much he seemed to have learned from last week to this week. Very intelligent QB. 

IMO you learn the most from playing, making mistakes and then correcting them the next series or next game after watching film. Haskins is going to make mistakes, but he sure has a lot of room for growth and I think the best way for him to grow is to be out there. 

I don't think him starting stunts his growth, you either have it or you don't and from what I've seen from Haskins in college and now, he seems to have it. 

He’s always been known as a very intelligent and cerebral guy, it was a quality that Ohio State fans and his college coaches repeatedly said about him.

45 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think you start Case and then put Haskins in after a month or so. Because if you start Haskins Week 1, you can't EVER go back to any of the QBs on the roster no matter how bad he plays or what your record is. This puts more pressure on a young QB than you should.

This way, if Haskins is "off the bench" in relief of Case/Colt this season, the pressure is off him and he can just play. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I think you start Case and then put Haskins in after a month or so. Because if you start Haskins Week 1, you can't EVER go back to any of the QBs on the roster no matter how bad he plays or what your record is. This puts more pressure on a young QB than you should.

This way, if Haskins is "off the bench" in relief of Case/Colt this season, the pressure is off him and he can just play. 

So, kinda how Ben Roethlisberger was treated as a rookie?

I mean, I'm not opposed necessarily but if you're committed to the future it just makes sense to go with the kid. So many teams have done that. I think the Ravens with Flacco may be the best comparison to our current team.

1. Strong defense

2. Strong running game

3. Throw the young QB out there but don't put too much on his plate. Run first offense with a lot of play-action and a few big shots a half to Prich, TMc and Doctson to see if we can hit a big play  or get a PI call, although after last night I'm not sure what PI is anymore...

Edited by turtle28

16 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So, kinda how Ben Roethlisberger was treated as a rookie?

I mean, I'm not opposed necessarily but if you're committed to the future it just makes sense to go with the kid. So many teams have done that. I think the Ravens with Flacco may be the best comparison to our current team.

1. Strong defense

2. Strong running game

3. Throw the young QB out there but don't put too much on his plate. Run first offense with a lot of play-action and a few big shots a half to Prich, TMc and Doctson to see if we can hit a big play  or get a PI call, although after last night I'm not sure what PI is anymore...

Many guys have been thrown out week 1 with no OL too and then also got their confidence destroyed.

Is he a one season commitment, or are you trying to develop a QB that you're gonna want to ride for 10+ years?

I'm not saying to hold him out of the entire season. I agree that you learn by playing and he should be starting his rookie season. I just don't think that it's a smart move as a team to do it Week 1. Do it Week 5 and then keep him in for the next 11 games and then have him start all 16 in year 2.