Bucs @ Dolphins and Hurricane Irma -Moved to Week 11

bucsfan333

15 hours ago, Gmen said:

Yea no kidding.  It's NFL opening weekend.  12 straight hours of football on Sunday and you planned to be out in the sun?

I can handle sun and football at the same time.

I can't handle cat 5 storms and football.

Don't agree with the fact that they've moved the game to Week 11.

Asking players to play NFL football for 16 straight weeks is too much. They need the two week break in the middle of the season to allow injuries to heal before they can go again. Add to the fact that the Dolphins have to travel to London too. The teams have every right to be upset with the decision.

With this decision it feels as though player welfare is low on the list of the NFL's priorities. 

6 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

With this decision it feels as though player welfare is low on the list of the NFL's priorities. 

But the safety of everyone's families seems to be a priority. It's not just the players; you've got coaches, refs, the camera crew, commentators (and everyone involved with that), cheerleaders, etc. They ALL have families too.

10 minutes ago, PFM18 said:

Don't agree with the fact that they've moved the game to Week 11.

Asking players to play NFL football for 16 straight weeks is too much. They need the two week break in the middle of the season to allow injuries to heal before they can go again. Add to the fact that the Dolphins have to travel to London too. The teams have every right to be upset with the decision.

Yea, this really is a terrible decision. Having two teams play 16+ weeks of football should have never been an option. Especially since one is now not going to get a bye week after a London trip. 

2 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

Yea, this really is a terrible decision. Having two teams play 16+ weeks of football should have never been an option. Especially since one is now not going to get a bye week after a London trip. 

Dolphins never had a London bye at all. Week 4 and Week 11

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

But the safety of everyone's families seems to be a priority. It's not just the players; you've got coaches, refs, the camera crew, commentators (and everyone involved with that), cheerleaders, etc. They ALL have f.lies too.

People's safety should be the absolute priority. There was no way the NFL could have let the game go ahead this weekend in Miami. People have got to get to safety as soon as possible before Hurricane Irma reaches land and the NFL absolutely made the right decision to block the game being played in Miami.

My worry is that this means both Dolphins and Bucs players will have to play NFL football for 16 straight weeks with only the maximum of a week's respite in between. It's not just the physical toll that the players may feel but also a mental one. Halfway through the season these players will be feeling the strain but they won't have a bye week to look forward too. They will need to slog on until the end of the regular season, even the playoffs if they make it that far.

The NFL made the right decision in not allowing the game to go ahead in Miami this weekend. That much is obvious. What's debatable is moving the game to Week 11.

The NFL may say that they had no other option. They could have played the game behind closed doors at an alternative arena or ultimately do what they did with the Texans-Cowboys and cancelled the game altogether. A lot of people would not have been happy about it but welfare should certainly be prioritized over fan satisfaction.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's not just the players; you've got coaches, refs, the camera crew, commentators (and everyone involved with that), cheerleaders, etc.

I reached out to both teams and offered to shelter their cheerleaders in my hurricane bunker, but I've yet to receive a response.

Archived