2019 Roster Injury Tracker

DreamKid

16 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Can someone explain the hype behind Iman Marshall to me?

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/iman-marshall?id=32194c45-5781-4565-4c54-05a05adf2682

Overview

Physical four-year starter at cornerback who might need to prepare for a move to safety due to a lack of functional long speed and athleticism. Marshall's size and play strength made life challenging on Pac-12 receivers, but he lacks the foot quickness and technique to stay connected to more refined NFL targets. While he could be in consideration for Cover-2 defenses, his ability to cover tight ends and handle run-support duties make him a natural candidate for a transition to safety.

Having another body in the secondary can't hurt - especially a guy who is big enough to play inside the box if we needed while being able to cover those RB/TE routes over the middle of the field that tend to give us trouble. But no one's "hyping him up" idk where you're getting that from...being pleased a 4th round pick is off of IR isn't hyping him up lol.

Just now, Ray Reed said:

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/iman-marshall?id=32194c45-5781-4565-4c54-05a05adf2682

Having another body in the secondary can't hurt - especially a guy who is big enough to play inside the box if we needed while being able to cover those RB/TE routes over the middle of the field that tend to give us trouble. But no one's "hyping him up" idk where you're getting that from...being pleased a 4th round pick is off of IR isn't hyping him up lol.

I guess I just don't see him seeing the field at all this year, but maybe that's just me. Him coming off of IR, to me, isn't a "boost" of any kind except maybe on the practice field. But that's why I asked, because I didn't know if this guy was a hidden gem or something - but it seems like people are just happy to get another body in the secondary, but with Jimmy coming back we're already booting Averett to the shadow realm.

3 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I guess I just don't see him seeing the field at all this year, but maybe that's just me. Him coming off of IR, to me, isn't a "boost" of any kind except maybe on the practice field. But that's why I asked, because I didn't know if this guy was a hidden gem or something - but it seems like people are just happy to get another body in the secondary, but with Jimmy coming back we're already booting Averett to the shadow realm.

Yeah that's definitely the brunt of it...without another injury (hopefully - already way too much in the secondary this year) he probably won't be seeing the field on defense this year unless something crazy happens in practice. But nice to know a guy is there with solid pedigree who knows our system instead of having to scour some other teams' practice squad in the instance of another injury.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, M.10.E said:

Damn damn damn. Figured as much last night. Hopefully Mekari plays as well as he did last night.

Are you serious?! Damn, on the radio last night they made it seem like a minor sprain. Talk about a heel turn. Yeah, hopefully Mekari continues to build off his solid performance from last night.

• Like 1

Honestly I’m not too worried about this outside of from potentially a protections standpoint moving forward against complicated fronts. My assumption is that Skura probably helps Lamar out on that front. That said with a veteran like Yanda and another former center in Bozeman, I’m sure they will understand the protections well and get things going.

That said, this just makes me even more concerned about that Bills game. They’re playing very well as a team and are pretty hot. They’re defense is very good, can do a lot of different things, and that Bills fanbase can be quite loud. I worry about this much more than at home vs the 49ers where the crowd will be mostly quiet during Ravens possessions.

I love Mekari as a pass blocker, I think he’s going to possess elite capability in that regard as his career moves forward. The concern was his run blocking and he’s been much improved in that regard since the preseason. Which makes sense since center was a mostly new position for him as he played LT in college. But he definitely seems to have his footing under him. And it’s not like Skura was an All Pro. Honestly I think Skura has delivered some better snaps overall. The communication element and his collegiate durability wasn’t the best, so those are the things that worry me most.

27 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

to worry about the Bills would have me believing they are able to score more points against this D than vice versa.

not going to happen.

Possibly. I just think Allen has the arm to thread. I think either he’s going to throw 4 picks in the game or he’s going to ball out for like 3 TDs and 1 Int.