El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

vike daddy

• 3 weeks later...

I'm excited.  More excited for Better Call Saul season 5, but that's a high bar.

On 8/30/2019 at 5:31 PM, carl_sjunior said:

LOL just in time with my re-watch. GF and I finished Glow, The Boys, and a bunch of movies lately.

We're on season 2 already.

I'm about to do a rewatch so my wife can see it.  We're about to wrap up Downton Abbey (her pick) so it's my turn now, and the movie gives me a pretty good excuse to pick it.

• 3 weeks later...

just finished watching it now...

seemed like a fine film and a fine sendoff to BB. being criticized by some i read for a lack of plot twists and such, but who cares?

the entire theme of BB, foreshadowed by Mr White in his chemistry class in episode 1 was... anyone remember...? transformation.

so in El Camino we see the finalization of Jesse Pinkman's transformation. from scared and bullied to making his own decisions and attempting to be honorable to those around him. just like the offer he made to Kandy the welder - "$1800 and I'm on my way, that's all I need."

Jesse, the only survivor of the entire ensemble. well, i guess Joe the Junkman survived, as did the mystery vacuum cleaner repairman.

well done, Vince, thank you.

• Like 1

This debuts the same day that Robert Forster dies.  It was a treat to see him go out with yet another solid role.  A fitting tribute to a storied career.

I actually stopped 20 mins in to go back and watch the BB series finale to refresh myself on how it all went down.  Glad I did bcuz I picked up even more details that way.  Story was good but honestly the best part was the direction by Vince Gilligan.  Fantastic composition and camerawork.

8 hours ago, vike daddy said:

just finished watching it now...

seemed like a fine film and a fine sendoff to BB. being criticized by some i read for a lack of plot twists and such, but who cares?

the entire theme of BB, foreshadowed by Mr White in his chemistry class in episode 1 was... anyone remember...? transformation.

so in El Camino we see the finalization of Jesse Pinkman's transformation. from scared and bullied to making his own decisions and attempting to be honorable to those around him. just like the offer he made to Kandy the welder - "$1800 and I'm on my way, that's all I need."

Jesse, the only survivor of the entire ensemble. well, i guess Joe the Junkman survived, as did the mystery vacuum cleaner repairman.

well done, Vince, thank you.

The mystery vacuum cleaner repairman actor died yesterday I saw